Director IT Services Alliance. Oakland University seeks a qualified Assistant Director for IT Services Alliance to support campus IT
end-to-end procurement, sourcing, IT Project Management, and relationship building activities. This position works with faculty, staff,
representatives from the Purchasing Department and the Legal Affairs department, and vendors to support a range of services, including
assessing technical environments and solutions, developing and maintaining service partner relationships, supporting IT procurement, and
vendor relationship management. Support all central IT hardware, software, and service activities, and the entire campus community for
similar activities. Assist Director of IT Services Alliance in providing consultation to ensure that technical requirements are accurately
represented in procurement processes (i.e., Requests for Proposals). Assist Director with coordination of IT review of bid responses or
Additionally, support purchasing, payment process administration, and enterprise software lifecycle
management for University Technology Services. Support continued process improvements to develop strategies to improve IT Project Management
activities. Working with campus departments, including University Technology Services, analyze and evaluate multi-year and long term cost
projections related to total project costs for technology solutions to identify and evaluate cost factors related to total project costs
(application software, operating system software, backup software, network components, server hardware, storage hardware, etc.). Support the
software license process includes managing campus site licenses, enterprise system software, acquisition, and compliance.
best things about this position are: 1) The teamwork you are a member of a talented team. 2) The ability to learn and grow professionally.
We provide many opportunities to continue to advance your knowledge and professional skills. 3) Your work matters to the students, faculty,
and employees at the University. 4) The University offers an attractive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition
benefits for employees and their families, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, wellness programs, friendly campus events, and generous
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Accounting, Political Science, Public
Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Academic coursework in Accounting.
- Three years experience in the following areas:Analyzing software licenses, IT procurement
processes, cloud services agreements, and IT supplies and services.
- Understanding of Electronic and Information Technology
Accessibility Standards from a procurement perspective.
- Understanding Data Privacy Laws (including General Data Privacy
Regulation), from a procurement perspective.
- Providing consultative services to clients for end-to-end procurement, use, and
termination of IT solutions.
- General understanding of technology solutions and services.
- Ability to manage business
processes in compliance with organizational and federal policies, standards and industry best practice.
- Creative problem
- Experience with budget, forecasting, planning and tracking for multiple funding sources.
- Experience with fund
accounting and managing multiple funds.
- Self-directed team player.
- Ability to contribute to group projects and work
collaboratively as a member of a strong technical team.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility in work schedule;
willingness to occasionally adjust work hours for the maintenance window is required; Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 3 times a year
between semesters; fiscal year end June 30 and July 1; and a few limited weekends as determined.
- Ability to travel for education,
professional development, or conferences.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral
and written communication skills.
- Ability to read with intent that provide outcomes.
- Work sample should include a written
document of anything related to this line of work.
- A valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable to the University by the
University’s insurance carrier.