Join our Warehouse team as the Assistant Warehouse Manager in Yellowstone National Park!
The Assistant Warehouse manager assists the Warehouse Manager in supervision of all phases of Gardiner Warehouse operation including freight distribution.
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week
- Housing: Housing is not guaranteed for this position; employee may need to secure housing in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation
- Sick Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discounts
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
1. Understand and operate in accordance with Xanterra Parks & Resorts Mission and Core Values.
2. Assists the Manager of Warehouse and Freight in supervision of all phases of Gardiner Warehouse operation (except R&M inventory) including freight distribution.
3. Works with the appropriate HR talent specialist and the Manager of Warehouse and Freight in the hiring of seasonal staff. Assists in the development, training, and effective use of work force.
4. Assists the Manager of Warehouse and Freight with inventory management including inventory accuracy through Infor CloudSuite. Ensure that all inventory items are properly classified and entered into CloudSuite with all relevant information. Participates in the period end inventory process. Actively maintain Gardiner warehouse inventory. Review inventory on a daily basis and place/oversee all orders for non-inventory items to all park locations
5. Assists the Manager of Warehouse and Freight with warehouse safety, vehicle safety and related safety training.
6. Completes daily and weekly payroll management duties.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Warehouse and Freight.
8. Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
9. Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
10. Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
11. While all essential functions and duties cannot be possibly listed on a job description, each employee is expected to be flexible and accept additional and/or different duties as assigned at any time as directed by management. Duties listed above are not restricted to the only duties expected to be performed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Prior Warehouse experience helpful.
2. Leadership skills.
3. Communication skills.
4. Organizational skills.
5. Experience with Microsoft, purchasing and inventory tracking software helpful.
6. Knowledge of applicable DOT, ICC and HM 181 rules.
7. Inventory management and analytic skills.
8. Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
9. Knowledge of Yellowstone facilities and services.
1. Ability to sit for long periods of time.
2. Ability to work in a higher altitude environment.
3. Ability to climb stairs.
4. Ability to lift boxes of materials of 30 – 75 lbs.
5. Ability to walk, reach, stand, as necessary to perform job duties as noted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status