Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-010916
Location: Home Office
you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working hard to play
your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher
education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of
student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from
academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students
graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
**Internal applicants must apply by June 9th, 11:59 MT**
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- P&L ownership experience with managing over $25M+ P&L
- Drive a
culture of continuous experimentation, measurement, and learning from data to rapidly improve the quality and delivery to
- Strong people leader to directly or indirectly lead a diverse team of 50+ people including academic program leaders,
instructional faculty, and student coaches/mentors
- Influences Others and Communicates Effectively: Communicates to improve and
promote teamwork, decision making, and problem solving. Listens and responds effectively to the reactions and positions of others and
encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Adjusts message and style to fit the audience. Provides timely and helpful
feedback. Communicates appropriately to win support with all audiences.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the
organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get
work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains buy-in, trust and support of others.
- Manages Ambiguity:
Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide to act without the total picture. Is calm and
productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or
- Drives for Results: Has a strong outcomes-based orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and
setbacks. Has a track record of successfully achieving goals. Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Has a continuous improvement
- Builds Effective Teams: Forms teams with appropriate and diverse mixes of styles, perspectives, and experience.
Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset. Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team
efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team. Creates a team that works well cross-functionally.
Learning: Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on challenges of unfamiliar tasks. Extracts
lessons-learned from failures and mistakes. Expands knowledge base through ongoing curiosity.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Deep understanding of how students learn and combining innovative curriculum and student support strategies to drive
- Customer or student obsession with a focus on driving successful outcomes for them
- Industry or academic
leader in Cloud
- Understanding of the industry trends, job opportunities, and educational market trends in the
- Credible voice of the department in external partnerships and presentation opportunities
- Strong people leader to
directly or indirectly lead a diverse team of 25+ people including academic program leaders, instructional faculty, and student
- Execution focus with the ability to dive-deep and live in the details with a fast-paced weekly execution
- Ability to organize and coordinate activities and results across cross-functional teams
- Ability to coach and develop
- Ability to collaborate with and manage teams, including those in a remote environment, while demonstrating
excellence, integrity, and respect
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to build
relationships and influence at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to be an agent of change in a rapidly changing
- Proven ability to analyze data to identify trends and drive innovation
- Sound judgement and decision-making
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related engineering/technical field with 10+ years of experience, or MS in
Computer Science, Information Technology or a related engineering/technical field with 15+ years of combined industry and academic
- 5 years of senior leadership experience with hands-on experience in hiring, managing, and scaling significant
- Experience with delivering non-degree offerings on various education
- Experience with startups, SaaS companies, or other similar fast-paced and rapidly changing organizations
presence and judgement with demonstrated experience presenting to executive management or boards of large organizations
in higher-education organizations with a focus on building and delivering programs
- Experience with EdTech platforms
- Ability to travel is required.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that
our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to diversity.