With general supervision, manage the IT Support Services Technician team and the Service Desk team. Oversees the delivery of services for support, desktops, laptop computers, printers, and audio & visual systems for on-site, remote positions. Act as Project Leader and Subject Matter Expert for the Information Technology Support Services department on hardware and end-user software. Research, assess and establish standards for assigned equipment and end-user software. Directly manages the activities of remote site support personnel. Identify the most cost-effective solutions for hardware delivery for remote employees. Facilitate vendor product delivery and installation of computer equipment. Collaborate with AVP, Infrastructure Services in developing plans for new equipment, as well as department standards and security procedures for staff and affiliate student population.
- Provides day-to-day leadership to staff including but not limited to recruiting, performance management, mentoring, coaching, and salary administration, in addition to developing personal growth opportunities.
- Analyze user request data, produce and monitor operational metrics, identify trends, and hold team accountable for key performance measures.
- Act as a technical escalation point for team members.
- Ensures detailed inventory information of computer hardware to substantiate an appropriate level of inventory including communicating to department management.
- Ensures computer hardware is prepared and shipped to remote employees to ensure a successful start on day one of hire.
- Contributes to IT Support Services and System Administration on policies, procedures, and processes.
- Ensures technical operational readiness of remote locations.
- Maintain SLA Reporting for the department.
- Supervises the development, implementation, acquisition and upkeep of computer hardware, software, laptops/notebooks, and related peripheral equipment in a TCP/IP network environment.
- Manages vendor relationships regarding quotes, schedules, resources, purchases, and deliveries at NUS locations.
- Ensures proper and adequate disposal of computer related technologies including donations and recycling hardware, regarding FERPA and HIPAA regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Hire, train and develop up to 3 – 15 staff team members; manage first level supervisor.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, required; and eight (8) years relevant experience within a desktop computing environment or
- Master’s degree, plus five (5) years’ experience in a Senior, Lead or Supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred.
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
- Acts as a role model. Anticipates and plans for change. Communicates vision to the team. Ability to lead, direct and/or influence others to obtain results using a wide degree of creativity and latitude. Working knowledge in building teams.
- Actively seeks opportunities to influence, build and sustain successful relationships and gain alignment with peers, functional partners, and/or external partners to accomplish business objectives. Ability to participate as an active team member of the team and organization and work toward a common goal.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting-edge programs/processes. Ability to generate and/or recognize imaginative or creative solutions that generate successful outcomes.
- Working knowledge of information and telecommunications technology, current and emerging trends. Experience with multimedia, educational technology, and networking a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange with IT Project Management, a plus.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and the ability to appropriately communicate with a wide range of individual of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including translating technical language to a non-technical nature, successfully train end-users and public presentations.
- Work independently and foster a cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
The National University System is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, the National University System is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
The National University System offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries, and an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. The System does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by state of federal laws.
National University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.