Salary: $81,500.00 – $89,650.00 Annually
Location: Auraria Campus, CO
Division: Administrative Services
Job Number: 2020-00225
Position Type: Administrative/Technical/Professional
Community College of Denver is seeking individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and work environment. CCD values the ability to work effectively with students, families, faculty, instructors and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Provide leadership over and accountability for the design, implementation, and execution of technical projects, Information Technology Services (ITS) operations, and technology purchasing at the college. Assist with continuous improvement processes within the scope of ITS operations. Provide oversight for department wide technology standards, performance tracking and progress reporting. Assist with ITS project resource coordination and project planning for all campus projects that require technology components. Ensure technology lifecycle planning and full documentation for critical technology at CCD.
Demonstrate a good understanding of technology infrastructure and current technology trends as appropriate in a community college setting. Assist in analyzing new software and new technology requests to account for data security, accessibility, compatibility, supportability and lifecycle planning.
Works closely with the Colorado Community College System IT Staff to ensure the optimum integration of all college-owned computer systems with the system wide infrastructure, applications, and business processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, support, and evaluate the network administrators. Create opportunities to improve required technical knowledge through formal or informal training, documentation, and individual coaching.
- Supervise, support, and evaluate the IT Technical Project Manager. Evaluate and recommend to the Director the design, implementation plan and process, stakeholder data gathering and communication, and other project plan components. Ensure the execution of technical IT projects within approved schedule and budget constraints. Create opportunities to improve required technical knowledge through formal or informal training, documentation, and individual coaching.
- Management, administration, and installation for all locally controlled systems including Microsoft Active Directory, MS 365, VMware Infrastructure, data storage, backup systems, telephony/unified communications and other local systems. Coordinate technical support for infrastructure hardware and system software. Maintain critical infrastructure and systems at current and stable versions. Follow industry best practices.
- Review requirements and coordinate review of new software and new technology requests. Ensure data security, accessibility, compatibility, supportability and lifecycle planning with the CCD and CCCS technology environment. Work with the Director of Information Technology Services to develop project plans and coordinate implementation of software and technology.
- Work with the Director of Information Technology Services to implement and audit data security and system security for all technology used by CCD staff, faculty, students and technology partners. Follow internal and system-wide security processes and industry best practices.
- Audit system and data failure points. Develop plans to recover from system failures, data loss, corruption or other business continuity issues. Complete annual capacity planning for all system and network resources.
- Work with the Director of Information Technology Services to develop both short-term goals and long-term strategic planning for the department including recommendations for streamlining the delivery of technology support. Function as the Acting IT Director in the IT Director’s absence and ensure the IT Director is fully informed on their return.
- Completion of other technology related projects and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Information Technology Services.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field. Equivalent work experience may substitute for the University degree on a year for year basis. Master’s degree in any of these fields or Masters of Business Administration with technology as a core component preferred.
* Certifications or University coursework or documentable experience in two or more of the following: project management, business process improvement, strategic planning, technology lifecycles, data/network security or other industry level certifications.
Five (5) years of experience managing IT operations.
* Proven skill with Microsoft Visio or other software for developing system and process diagrams.
* Proven skill in development of technical documentation and end-user documentation for IT processes, system administration and system use.
* Proven experience in IT infrastructure design and support.
* Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
* Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
* Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
* Strong leadership skills. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Security +, Network +, Microsoft or Cisco certifications.
Computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
* On-call availability as required.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
* Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Our campus is located in downtown Denver, adjacent to two light rail stations, and just minutes away from shopping, restaurants, and event venues. When you visit our campus, it will be immediately evident that our faculty, staff, and instructors are passionate about serving our diverse student population. At CCD our passion is to help others, and we offer career pathways that will make a difference in the lives of our students.
If you are interested in sharing our passion for student success, CCD offers generous medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement options. We also offer the opportunity to expand your education, and those of your dependents, through our tuition reimbursement program.
CCD is a Learning College where policies, programs and practices support learning as the major priority. The Community College of Denver is an Equal Employment Opportunity Educational Employer.
Background checks will be conducted on all finalists for employment consideration.
CCD recognizes that administration, faculty, instructors, and staff reflect the diversity of its students and community and prohibits employment and student discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
For a complete review of the benefits we offer, please click on the following link:
Preliminary screening will be made on the basis of completed application packet submitted by candidate. Completed application packet includes: a letter of interest of no more than five pages, addressing in general the items under “Primary Duties” and specifically each item under “Minimum Qualifications”; an online application; resume; and transcripts. All candidates, including current Community College of Denver
employees must submit a complete application packet which includes all material listed above.
Only completed application packets will move forward for screening. Please review the job duties and minimum requirements carefully. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a particular position does not assure the applicant an interview. Selected applicants will be invited by the screening committee for interviews. All application materials become the property of Community College of Denver and cannot be copied.
Interested applicants must submit a complete application packet at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/ccd which includes:
- Electronic Application, Click ‘New Resume’ at the bottom of this page
- Cover Letter
- References – Names, phone numbers, addresses, & email addresses of three professional references
- Copies of transcripts, unofficial preferred
- Copies of appropriate credentials, if applicable
**All included attachments should be saved with the following nomenclature: Last name, First name Document; for example Doe, John Resume; Doe, Jane Transcripts
***Your resume should clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications. Those applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered. Part-time experience is ½ the equivalent of full-time experience. Example: Four (4) years applicable part-time experience equals 2 years full-time equivalency.
For information regarding Community College of Denver Security, including crime statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the CCD Campus Security website under “student’s right to know”: CCD.edu/Safety. For a hard copy report please contact 303-352-3042.