Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Outreach
& Engagement in the University Technology Services (UTS) Department.
In this role you will:
Director of Outreach & Engagement directs and leads units that provide support services to the NEIU community in the areas of
centralized technical support, Project Management Office, and IT Inventory Management. Outreach and Engagement offers a critical service to
NEIU by delivering solutions to incidents and service requests through the Help Desk and providing long-term strategic support through
Project Management Office by intake and managing enterprise-level large or medium size projects. As the front-line support, understanding,
coaching, and providing the gold standard of customer service is essential. Using ITIL, Process, and Project Management Standards, this
position will lead UTS’s customer & technical services, technology procurement, and Project Management Office,
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field,
or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Experience with help desk ticketing systems and customer
- Project Management experience in large or enterprise environment, or managing PMO Knowledge of established
Project Management methodology, processes, procedures, tools, and techniques.
- Familiarity with Project Management tools such as
Team Dynamix or similar applications.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of customer service professionals.
- Must be
able to manage resources to ensure a fully available and highly engaged Help Desk.
- Customer experience obsessed –
never-ending desire to improve less than optimal and develop best-in-class experiences; extremely customer-centric.
- Ability to
facilitate problem-solving among administrative groups with varying needs, priorities, and communicate well with administrative users,
technical staff, and senior management
- Strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology.
- Strong leadership,
coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across
- Able to communicate to the campus on behalf of the UTS department.
- Ability to work with a range
of technical staff to develop joint solutions.
- Solid understanding of the IT Service Management concepts such as SLA, OLA,
- Experience with defining requirements and project management is a plus.
requires a background check.)
- Ensure consistent, reliable end-user
technology services are provided to all campuses in a cost and time-efficient manner.
- Plan and direct the rollout of
large-scale technology equipment placements and desktop application upgrades.
- Lead Project Management Office (PMO.)
- Define and execute the overarching strategy to guide Service Delivery Management, ensure IT is meeting our delivery goals and
- Help develop project business cases, charters, project intake process, stakeholder registries, plans, schedules,
status reports, and agendas.
- Negotiate costs, terms, and conditions with suppliers. Conduct requests for proposals (RFPs) as
needed. Create and implement service agreements and standards.
- Modernize the tools our front-line agents utilize to deliver
services in an intuitive,
- personalized, resolution-focused, and efficient way.
- Create and monitor KPIs and Metrics
against targets; lead organization to meet or exceed KPIs. Communicate KPIs weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- Develop and
monitor an SLA dashboard.
- Responsible for establishing protocols/processes/guidelines regarding Call
Center, Ticketing System, Technology Services, and PMO.
- Leverage strong communication and organizational change management
practices to assist with smooth transition and acceptance of the Service First model, the new ways of working with IT, and the
deployment of standardized services.
- Implement the One-Stop-Shop. Publish the service request catalog, track
health, measure/report performance, and lead service providers to perform continuous improvement. Integrate designed
services, service requests, approval workflow, SLAs.
- Work closely with senior leaders of the technical domains to clarify the
- support model and to deliver and provide all services with a standard of excellence.
- Manages the area
of Computer Labs, and Printer and Copier Services.
- Mentor, supervise and evaluate staff; interview and select employees; and
arrange for appropriate training of technology staff.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Northeastern Illinois University:
Northeaster’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the
Northwest Side of Chicago with additional locations in the metropolitan area: The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies and El
Centro. Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of
Salary & Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State
Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Deadline: Review of applications begins
immediately and continues until the position is filled.
To Apply: Applicants are expected to respond based upon the
entire job description.
You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to:
Email: with the job
title in the subject line
● A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
● Current Curriculum
● Three (3) professional references;
of Annuitant Status; and
● Affirmative Action
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required
of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University’s receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.