Northeastern Illinois University, located in Chicago, Illinois, invites applications for the position of Associate Director of Platform
& Unified Communication in the University Technology Services (UTS) Department.
In this role you will:
The Associate Director of Platform & Unified communication leads the development and implementation of the University Technology
Services (UTS) department’s strategy and services, which includes effective management of technology systems, servers, related
infrastructure as well technology support for Networking and Unified Communication for all three campuses. This position provides leadership
and hands-on technical expertise regarding the ways UTS can support NEIU’s strategic goals and operational objectives. They will manage
internal IT staff as well as external technology vendors and consultants while ensuring excellence in the delivery of IT services that
support NEIU’s mission.
The Associate Director Information Technology typically works closely with the CIO and other
Directors/Managers to provide the information technology services to enhance operational efficiencies and meet objectives of the
1. Master’s degree and one years of work experience in a related
2. Bachelor’s degree and four years of work experience in a related field OR
3. Associate’s degree and five
years of work experience in a related field OR
4. Seven years of work experience in a related field
5. 2 years of
Note: As required by the position to be filled, education, training and/or work experience in the area
of specialization inherent in the position may be required in meeting credential requirements #1 and #2 above.
- Aruba network fabric for the internal data centers, campus buildings and
co-location connectivity. Aruba Central experience a plus
- Administration, configuration, and monitoring of network equipment
(Servers, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, voice gateways)
- IP/ VLAN / DNS / DHCP configuration and
support, Infoblox experience highly preferred
- Aruba wireless administration and connectivity
- Windows Server and Active
- Linux Red Hat
- Enterprise storage
- Data Center infrastructure solutions: F5 (LTM, APM, ASM). Checkpoint
(NGFW + IDS IPS functions), Infoblox
- Cisco IP Voice / Call Manager
- Identity Management solutions
(This position requires a background check.)
- Manage the day to day operations of the Platform & Unified communication team.
- Project Management and oversight of all
infrastructure related projects.
- Participates in the development of short and long term goals, policies and procedures for
infrastructure and tactical plans to accomplish these goals.
- Hire, supervise and mentor staff to include interviews, hiring,
development and evaluations.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors to include the development of RFPs, contract
negotiations, purchasing, project scoping and deliverable oversight.
- Work closely with Security Officer for proper patch
management, vulnerability detection, remediation and help develop and maintain continuity plans.
- Serve as Technical Architect
and hands-on Administration, as needed.
- Perform other jobs duties, as assigned.
Northeaster’s Main Campus is located on 67 acres in a residential area on the Northwest Side of
Chicago with additional locations in the metropolitan area: The Jacob H. Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies and El Centro.
Northeastern also is a founding member of the University Center of Lake County consortium campus in suburban Lake County, north of
Salary & Benefits: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision benefits, sick and vacation days, and participation in the State
Universities Retirement System. This is a full-time, continuing position.
Deadline: Review of applications begins
immediately and continues until the position is filled.
To Apply: Applicants are expected to respond based upon the
entire job description.
You must submit the following online forms (see links below) and send the remaining documents to:
Email: with the
job title in the subject line
● A letter of interest addressing your qualifications for this position;
● Three (3) professional references;
of Annuitant Status; and
● Affirmative Action
Copies of unofficial transcripts are accepted; however, official transcripts for all earned degrees will be required
of candidates selected for final interviews.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University’s receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.