About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York’s beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley,
just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education
system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity
and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are
anxious to support the institution’s values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about
engaging with both students and the community.
The Associate Vice-President of Information
Technology (AVP-IT), reporting to the President, serves as the chief technology officer responsible for providing leadership and management
to the Information Technology Services division and is responsible for system-wide planning, management, security, and coordination of the
technology resources of the College. The AVP-IT is responsible for information technology policy, planning, and budget management;
information systems deployment and management; centralized IT procurement; information security and IT services. The AVP-IT plays a key role
supporting the institution’s strategic goals. Current responsibilities include oversight of information security; infrastructure and network
services; campus application software development; instructional technologies and events support; help desk and customer support activities.
micro-computer installation and maintenance, user support services, policy development regarding information services for students, faculty,
and staff. The CIO oversees the review and analysis, coordination, and approval of computer-related purchases and upgrades and ensures that
new applications and technologies are compatible with existing systems.
The AVP-IT provides strategic oversight and direction of
DCC’s IT operations, including:
- Oversight of IT services, staff and operations, including the network and infrastructure,
enterprise applications, classroom technology, help desk, and client support.
- Oversight of information security policies,
procedures, practices, and compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Strategic planning for IT initiatives in alignment with
institutional goals. Developing and presenting the IT budget and oversight of any initiatives including contract development and
- Maintaining strong communication and collaboration channels with all constituencies of DCC, including faculty,
students, administrators, executives, committees and shared governance groups.
- Serving as a strategic leader for the role of
information technology at DCC.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution and
ten (10) years of comparable managerial experience or a Doctorate and seven (7) years of comparable managerial experience.
understanding of technology in higher education and an associated vision.
- Ability and experience in aligning technological
investment with higher education missions.
- Expertise in information security frameworks and standards, best-practice policies and
procedures, tools and techniques.
- Experience and enthusiasm for managing and implementing change.
- Experience overseeing
multifaceted systems and leveraging overall system resources to deliver the optimum level of service in the most efficient manner
- Creative ability and experience in addressing technological, organizational and budget challenges.
oral and written communication skills, specifically with respect to consensus building, presentation of ideas and plans, and
- Personnel and budget management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a service orientation.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals in a tactful, productive manner.
- Experience in complex project management.
- Demonstrated success in supervision of employees.
- MIS, CIS or related degree.
- CISSP, or comparable professional certification in information
- PMP, or comparable professional certification in project management.
- Experience working in a higher education
system of institutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of the mission of a community college.
To apply please submit application, resume and cover letter to www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
A background check will be
Dutchess Community College is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
DCC is committed to the principle of diversity and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).