AWS Python Developer
The ideal candidate can be described as:
- Inquisitive and enjoys diving deep into the weeds of AWS capabilities, Python code and data.
- Self-starter, individual contributor who has a passion to write software.
- Talented engineer who is comfortable proposing new solutions as well as supporting and developing legacy solutions.
- Excited, friendly, and able to engage with coworkers to solve problems.
- Create new and support existing Python software solutions running on AWS Lambda and AWS EC2.
- Integrate third party products using APIs.
- Write new and troubleshoot existing SQL.
- Understand business requirements and be able to convert them into software solutions.
- Analyze various complex data from multiple data sources and be able to determine the best way to integrate into existing/new data pipelines.
- Interfaces with cross functional team members and communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Skills and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience developing software solutions using Python.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in designing and developing solutions that use AWS technologies, including (but not limited to) S3, Lambda, Glue, Step Functions, EC2 and EventBridge.
- 6+ years working with data warehouses and relational databases. AWS Redshift and PostgreSQL preferred.
- Proficient SQL skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to work independently as part of the team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and/or a desire to learn AWS Amplify, PHP, and Vue.js.
- Working knowledge of KnowledgeHound and/or Dapresy APIs is a plus but not required.
Curion is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
About the Company
Curion is a leader in sensory and consumer product research and serves Fortune 500 and other blue-chip customers in the food & beverage, personal care, fine fragrance, and home & fabric care industries. In 2019 alone, the company tested 127,000 consumers in its facilities in San Francisco, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, and New York metropolitan areas. Curion’s insights provide data such as: product readiness for launch, consumer purchase decision process, competitive landscape and more to its clients. The result of a merger between Q Research Solutions and Tragon Corp., Curion brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the consumer and sensory science industry. The company pioneered many of the sensory methodologies considered industry standards today, including Quantitative Descriptive Analysis (QDA)® and Partnership Solutions (PS).