We are seeking a Backend developer, working as part of a scrum team together with frontend, mobile, and data developers. Our outwardly-visible products are a native mobile app for patients, and a healthcare data dashboard for clinicians, but there’s a lot more going on under the bonnet that you will help to build and improve.
We are looking for problem-solvers who are committed and analytical, keen to learn while always being delivery-minded, self-starters for whom everything is possible but the best solution is always the most appropriate one. Above all, we want to hire people that we’ll love working with every-day. Start-ups don’t really run on venture capital, they run on the energy and ideas of employees.
Salary: competitive, depending on experience.
- 25 days paid holiday
- EMI share options scheme
- Developer-spec laptop
- Remote working with periodic visits to the office
- Bright, modern startup office, next to Hampstead Heath, London
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CAN ONLY PURSUE AN INTERVIEW PROCESS WITH APPLICANTS ALREADY RESIDENT IN THE UK. IF YOU ARE NOT RESIDENT IN THE UK PLEASE DO NOT APPLY, AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
What we need:
- 2-3 years of experience writing Backend applications using Python and ideally Django (Rest Framework) or related frameworks, e.g. Flask, FastAPI or similar
- Good understanding of ORM (either Django or SQLAlchemy)
- Good understanding of Python Unit Testing frameworks and TDD practices.
- Experience working with Cloud Infrastructure (Ideally AWS)
- Good understanding of Git
- Deeper understanding of PostgreSQL
- Understanding of CI & CD
- Experience working in small teams and startups
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as Vue or React
- Experience with handling sensitive data (e.g. PHI).
What we want you to do:
- Scale our infrastructure to meet global demand
- Refactor our code into libraries and frameworks for reuse
- Proactively respond to analytics to ensure our products are robust and meet users’ needs
- Support the gradual introduction of our groundbreaking ML research into the platform
About the Company
msk.ai is a digital health startup transforming the way that surgery is delivered. We are building intelligent technology that allows surgeons to treat more patients, safer – whilst improving clinical outcomes, patient experience and reducing the cost of care. We launched in 2016 and we are growing rapidly, being live with leading orthopaedic surgeons and centres across the UK, Europe, Australia & the US with plans for further expansion within NA & APAC.
We are building something big together. As a start-up, we like to roll our sleeves up, whilst at the same time nurturing your individual goals and ambitions.