Backend Software Engineer
Please apply through the link, not email!
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our Software team and build cutting-edge software systems to help people to understand how DNA shapes their health. You will work alongside other developers and our Machine Learning, Data Science and Product teams to further develop and maintain our cloud-based architecture and API to a production-level standard.
We foster a flexible work environment and encourage applications from candidates that are either based in Berlin or would work remotely with a willingness to travel to Berlin occasionally.
What we value in our team
Our team reflects the interdisciplinary collaboration required to solve this big challenge — ranging from software and data science to genetics and healthcare. We are a proudly diverse, international group of creative problem-solvers and humble learners that care about having a positive impact on society and are also aware of the trust placed in us. This is why we value transparency and kindness, taking ownership and we encourage your personal growth:
- Dynamic and flexible work environment that you can design (incl. remote work options)
- Participate in our success with equity options
- Possibility to grow with the company and influence our direction
- Regular social activities: participate only if you feel like it
- Additionally, we offer good coffee, a selection of healthy snacks and company-subsidized public transport in our Berlin office
We see diversity as a core feature of our team and we encourage you to apply especially if you are from an underrepresented group.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Python expert in the context of distributed systems and services.
- Ability to work in a UNIX-like environment
- 4+ years of experience in large-scale applications
- 4+ years of experience in Flask
- 4+ years of experience in working agile methodologies
- A solid foundation in patterns, data structures, algorithms, software design
- Professional experience of cloud platform hosting via AWS, building, maintaining & running high traffic systems in a microservice environment (AWS lambda)
- Rigour in high code quality, automated testing and other engineering best practices
- Ability to make independent decisions and taking ownership for them beyond deployment
- Excellent command of English and strong communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary and collaborative environment
- Willingness to learn and openness to feedback
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- Start-up experience
About the Company
We are a Berlin-based early-stage startup backed by leading investors and scientists on a mission to improve the lives of the 400 million people around the world who suffer from genetic diseases. The platform we have developed uses artificial intelligence and functional genomics to decipher how changes in the DNA of humans lead to disease. Through this platform, we enable genetic testing labs to provide clear and fast diagnoses to more patients.
For this, we’ve gathered one of the best teams of experts in genomics, artificial intelligence, and business development. Our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. As a community of creative thinkers and doers, we’re paving the way for a new generation of genetic healthcare.