Join our team as the Cafeteria Operations Trainer in Yellowstone National Park!
The Cafeteria Operaitions Trainer assists in the training, support, and devlopment of the cafeteria operations throughout the park. In addition, this position assists in the development and implemantation of training programs for all cafeteria operations. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Food and Beverage.
Position Type: Seasonal, Full-time
Season Dates: Immediate – Mid October 2022
Schedule: Varies – 40+ hours per week. May include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Location: The food and beverage department is based out of Mammoth Hot Springs in the park
Perks & Benefits
In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities included
All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner included
No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, van trips, hiking, and more).
$350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
Click here for more perks
Why Choose Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook!
- Perform all duties with the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Participate in the hiring and selection process for Food and Beverage Managers, Assistant Food and Beverage Managers, Cafeteria Managers, Assistant Cafeteria Managers and Shift Leads for the operations supported.
- Train, support, motivate and develop Management teams for Canyon Lodge, Lake Lodge, Old Faithful Lodge, and Grant Village Lake House. Assist in the development and implementation of training programs for all cafeteria operations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a two-week management-training program each spring and participate as a trainer during the opening process.
- Assist in the opening of ala Carte operations and fast food operations as needed and assist with the production of special functions throughout the park.
- Provide necessary support to successfully implement and maintain menu concepts for the Lake House and cafeteria operations. Including the development of specs, equipment selection, facility design, staffing, cash handling systems and the creation of manuals and training materials to support these functions.
- Respond to and document needed operational and system changes that will positively affect guest service, corporate profit, and/or employee morale.
- Establish, communicate and follow-up on standards and expectations within supported operations.
- React to fluctuations of food cost and payroll in assigned operations.
- Develop and implement systems toward increasing revenues and controlling costs.
- Communicate with Food and Beverage Mangers, Restaurant Chefs and Location Managers to address staffing, standards and other issues within their operation.
- Help maintain office files and training pieces relative to all cafeteria operations including the further development of existing training manuals, training programs, training timetables, outlines, and internal quality inspection forms.
- Provide documentation on all operational aspects specific for each operation
- Maintain consistent contact with Management and Supervisory positions through on-site visits, and regularly scheduled park-wide meetings.
- Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
- Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- While all essential functions and duties cannot be possibly listed on a job description, each employee is expected to be flexible and accept additional and/or different duties as assigned at any time as directed by management. Duties listed above are not restricted to the only duties expected to be performed.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Food Service Management degree helpful. A minimum of two years kitchen/operational management experience required.
- Ability to teach, motivate and develop, management, supervisory and hourly staff positions
- Ability to communicate in a positive, effective manner.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow-up.
- Ability to problem solve, select a course of action and follow-up.
- Ability to work cooperatively within the department and Company.
- Working knowledge of food and general cooking principles required.
- Working knowledge of positions supervised required.
- Working knowledge of all equipment used within the operation required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Park food operations helpful.
- Knowledge of sanitation standards required.
- Knowledge of training methods helpful.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures used within the department and Company helpful.
- Knowledge of Simphony, Microsoft Word and Excel software helpful.
- In-park travel and overnight stays required.
- Certification in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified. If candidate fails to pass this course and exam, a second opportunity will be provided; if still not successful, candidate will be placed in a position that does not require TIPS certification.
- Must be ServSafe Manager Certified; workshops will be provided to attain this certification. If candidate fails to pass this course and exam, a second opportunity will be provided; if still not successful, candidate will be placed in a non-management position.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.