Cyber Security Specialist
What is a Cybersecurity Specialist?
Cybersecurity Professionals detect cyberthreats and implement changes to protect an organization. A security operations center (SOC) team likely has several tiers of cybersecurity professionals that are responsible for monitoring, directing, containing and remediating IT threats. Cybersecurity Professionals may be tasked with anything from installing, administering and troubleshooting security solutions to writing up security policies and training documents for colleagues. While other job roles are responsible for specific part of the overall system, Cybersecurity Professionals must be able to take a step back and see the big picture to keep it secure from threats.
- System/s Administrator
- Network Engineer
- System/s Engineer
Required skills at this level
- Scan and assess network for vulnerabilities
- Monitor network traffic for unusual activity
- Investigate a violation when a breach occurs
- Install and use software to protect sensitive information
- Prepare reports that document security breaches
- Research new security technology
- Help end-users when they need to install or learn about new products and procedures
[table id=3 /]