IT Networking Specialist
What is an IT Networking Specialist?
IT Networking Specialist analyze, troubleshoot and evaluate computer network problems. More advanced IT pros may be responsible for building and designing communication networks as well. They play an important role in maintaining an organization’s network and keeping them safe and secure through both hardware configuration and end-user training. Network specialists and administrators are responsible for day-to-day operations and network architects and engineers design and build local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and Intranets. Depending on the size of the company, these roles may be combined.
- IT Specialist
- Network Support Technician
- Jr. System Administrator
Required skills at this level
- Make data easily accessible to those who need it
- Connect devices to the network and ensure they function properly and securely
- Ensure a secure transfer of data over internal and external networks
- Back up network data
- Evaluate and optimize network performance
- Document network support activities
- Provide end-user support
[table id=2 /]