Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,700 customers and reaching over 20 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
This is an onsite position at the University of Saint Francis.
About the opportunity
As the CIO, you will manage strategic and tactical activities to ensure client satisfaction, technical delivery, contract compliance, and resource management at the client site. You will be responsible for creating and implementing our client’s information technology strategy through the management of the IT department’s day-to-day operations. You are responsible for working to align projects and operations with the institutional mission, vision and values, the incumbent should understand his or her customers, their needs and will apply best practices in higher education management to resolve issues.
Where you will make an impact
- Maintains an exceptionally high level of responsiveness, and ongoing proactive contact with Client Executives, Ellucian Management, and site staff
- Develops a positive client relationship with customer employees such as Contract Administrator, Chief Financial Officer, Provost, and other key VIPs
- The CIO focuses on client liaison and strategic aspects of Higher Education activities at the client location
- Advises client on status of technologies at the institution relative to the client’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the information technology department including directing on site staff, who support administrative applications, academic computing, networking, user services, telecommunications and other information technology functions
- Assesses, anticipates and manages technology projects and recommends appropriate action and resources
- Identifies user needs, resolves problems and directs building of teams to work across all levels of the organization
- Establishes and directs the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department
- Recommends and/or determines the institution’s long-term system needs and proposes hardware/software solutions to accomplish the institution’s business objectives and to support campus goals
- Actively participates in several key client committees, cabinet and/or Board-level meetings, ad-hoc advisory groups, institutional/community activities and planning committees.
- Coordinates, manages and tracks corporate remote resources to facilitate completion of the institution’s goals and objectives
- Oversees the Service-Now implementation for remote and on-site resources to ensure cases are resolved and overall satisfaction is attained
- Coordinates corporate resources to assist with creating and updating annual strategic plans.
- Participates in the development of strategies and the completion of contract upgrades and renewals with General Manager and Regional Vice President.
- Recognizes, creates, and tracks value-added and ROI activities for client.
- Responsible for ensuring contract administration, extensions, and enhancements.
- Negotiates and maintains responsibility for managing various IT related vendor contracts.
- Assists with or creates requests for proposals for IT related projects.
- Translates and articulates administrative and educational goals of the institution into technical initiatives.
- Appropriately translates and communicates technical information depending on the audience needs
- Directs budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business processes and database system strategy.
- Completes and monitors site budgets and business plans, reviews monthly revenue and expense reports.
- Prepares and submits required corporate reports in a timely manner.
- Implements company policy, methodologies, procedures and practices at site location.
- Responsible for hiring all company staff assigned to support a client’s information technology operations.
- Responsible for managing on-site personnel actions, staff training and development.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with client executive leadership on significant site issues, risks, opportunities, and general progress towards contractual and business goals.
- Manages complex technical projects and technical operating units.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degrees, strongly preferred
- 8 – 10 years of experience in the Information Technology field OR equivalent combination of education and experience leading IT strategic initiatives in a college or university environment
- Strong knowledge of networking and systems management
- Current knowledge in use and trends of technology in higher education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong empathizing and empowerment abilities
- Ability to promote teamwork and collaboration between client and Ellucian staff
- Stress-management, time management, planning, and organization skills
- Good understanding of Administrative/ERP Computing systems
- Experience with or knowledge/certifications in service provision best practices (e.g., ITIL) and project management (PMI) preferred
- Experience preferred in higher education.
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan – to help you save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that supports us
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
Req ID: 3325
Hiring Type: Full – Time
Level of Experience: Management/Sr. Management
Travel Required: None