Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more than 2,700 customers and reaching over 20 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
This position is onsite at the University of St. Thomas in downtown Houston.
About the opportunity
The primary responsibility of the CIO is to guide and support the client institution in the effective and innovative use of information and communication technology resources in support of teaching, learning, and business operations.
The CIO has oversight responsibility for an onsite management and technical team that supports the contractual services provided to the client. The functions include enterprise solution services, DBA services, systems administration services, network services, user services, software development and implementation, voice and data communications, vendor relationships, information security. The CIO partners with faculty, staff and administrators to ensure the continuous delivery of effective IT services through monitoring IT system performance to ensure the continuous functioning of mission critical operations. The CIO is an advocate for the client institution and develops deep and wide relationships with their leaders.
The CIO explores new technologies and keeps up-to-date on trends and best practices within the IT industry. The CIO is responsible for establishing an open and collaborative environment where knowledge and experience is shared throughout the organization. Ellucian CIO’s are servant leaders who are held to high ethical standards and are recognized for exceptional client and employee satisfaction.
Where you will make an impact
- Develop and maintain a strong, positive relationship with the client
- Establish collaborative working relationship with institutional constituents
- Communicate regularly with institution leadership on significant site issues and successes, risks, opportunities, and general progress towards contractual and business goals
- Provide executive-level technology guidance and thought leadership in:
- Infrastructure and network operations
- Administrative System design and development
- Academic and Instructional technologies
- Develop and recommend information technology policies to ensure the appropriate acquisition, use and cost-effective application of technology
- Serve as a technology advocate by promoting the use, support and realization of innovative technologies at the institution
- Establish and facilitate an IT Governance process
- Propose best-practice policies that ensure the appropriate security of information technology resources
- Respond to audit recommendations and findings and implement corrective actions as required
- Manage an annual tactical plan and report progress to the Contract Administrator and Cabinet.
- Identify and achieve efficiencies through technological and workflow improvements
- Identify potential areas for cost savings
- Recognize, create and track value-add and ROI activities
- Lead by example and mentor the IT Staff
What you will bring
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT, CIS, or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of Higher Education experience in a senior-level IT role
- Peoplesoft Campus Solutions ERP experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement IT strategies, tactical plans, and annual work plans
- Solid understanding of budgeting and business operations
- Experience in negotiating vendor relationships and contracts
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a highly demanding environment
- Preferred Experience
- Ten years of experience in IT with five years at a senior level
- Higher education administration experience
- Experience with higher education administrative system software
- Project management knowledge and experience
Req ID: 3740
Level of Experience: Management/Sr. Management
Travel Required: None