Chief Information Officer
Frostburg State University, Office of Information Technology seeks applications for an exempt full-time Chief Information Officer (CIO). Salary is competitive and includes the robust University System of Maryland benefits package options.
Responsibilities: Serve as the University’s leader and advocate for information technology with the responsibility for strategic planning, coordinating, and implementing a comprehensive technology environment for both academic and administrative computing in alignment with the University’s mission and strategic plan. This position will define and drive the overall information technology strategy and policy across the University. The CIO will work with campus constituencies to ensure excellence and integrity in identifying, recommending, implementing, and supporting technology solutions to achieve University goals. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements IT strategies, tactical plans, and annual work plans.
- Identifies and achieves efficiencies through technological and workflow improvements.
- Supports the strategic plan of the University as it relates to the fundamental areas of information technology. Prioritizes initiatives and coordinates evaluation of the deployment and management of current and future initiatives. Collaborate with departments to develop, build, and maintain information technology resource and plan for the support of those resources.
- Develops, communicates, and aligns short-range strategic information technology to executive team and key stakeholders.
- Analyzes and improves upon standards across the University to support the University’s competitive edge within the market.
- Identifies potential areas for cost savings.
- Defines and communicates appropriate procedures, policies, and standards for IT departments for implementing and operating new plans.
- Oversees compliance and information technology security activities and reporting.
- Motivates and manages a team of IT staff supporting the University’s mission and leads the process of developing an IT vision for the future.
- Fosters and builds a collaborative working relationship with institutional constituents.
- Represents the University at USM Tech Councils and other USM meetings and state agencies and ensures functionality and interoperability with USM assets.
- Remains current and knowledgeable of industry trends and emerging trends in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- The successful candidate must possess exemplary leadership qualities, experience, and a proven history of success in guiding and directing technology organizations to achieve objectives.
- Master’s degree in Information Science/Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience managing an IT organization and supervisory experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in Higher Education.
- Experience implementing ERP systems in a Higher Education IT setting.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Workday Financial, and Workday Human Capital Management
About the University: A member institution of the University System of Maryland, Frostburg State University is a public, comprehensive, largely residential regional university offering programs in the sciences, education, business, the arts, and humanities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. FSU prides itself on being a dynamic, learning-centered institution that emphasizes teaching with opportunities for professional development and research.
About the Area: FSU is located on a scenic 260-acre campus in the mountains of Western Maryland, a region rich in history, quaint shopping areas and eclectic cafes and food choices. The Western Maryland region is considered a four-season outdoor mecca of recreational experiences offering activities such as hiking, mountain biking, water sports, snow skiing/boarding, golfing, climbing, etc. Frostburg offers a family-friendly college town feel with easy access to major cities like Pittsburgh, Washington, DC, and Baltimore. If you are looking for insightful colleagues, energetic students, and a great place to work and call home in a region with unlimited adventure seeking opportunities, FSU is for you!
To Apply, please visit https://frostburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/2032
Along with your application, please provide the following: 1) resume; 2) a cover letter specifically addressing the requirements in this advertisement; 3) names and contact information for three professional references.
For assurance of full consideration, please submit materials by: May 11, 2022
FSU is proud to be a diverse and inclusive multicultural university.
Frostburg State University welcomes and encourages women, veterans, and minorities to apply and seeks to recruit, and retain a diverse workforce. FSU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please notify us in advance. WWW.FROSTBURG.EDU