Join our Marketing team as the Creative Marketing Manager in Yellowstone National Park!
The Creative Marketing Manager manages and provides creative guidance to the development of all Yellowstone consumer, recruitment, internal, group, and conference marketing and communications consistent with the sales and marketing plan.This position will also oversee Yellowstone’s overall media and content strategy which includes social media, digital signage, videos, photos, and audio. They will ensure all media is designed appropriately and accurately, reflecting the best use of digital and online channels.
This position requires exceptional creative, collaborative, and communication skills. Yellowstone has a small marketing department, requiring a person with strong initiative and the ability to work independently. This position works closely and supports/provides guidance for the creative needs of the Director of Sales and Marketing, Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Manager.
- Position Type: Full Time Year Round
- Schedule:~40+ Hours Per Week
- Housing: Housing is not guaranteed for this position; employee may need to secure housing in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation
- Sick Time
- Xanterra Travel Collection discounts
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
To learn more about living, working, and exploring Yellowstone, check out our website.
- Oversee Yellowstone’s Media and Content Strategy.
- Develop content and media calendar for social media, digital signage, blogs, video, photos, audio content, etc.
- Maintain photo library and share content online Flickr Gallery, website galleries, YouTube library, and any Digital Asset Management library.
- Fulfill requests for photo and video materials.
- Together with Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Manager, work to develop over-arching content calendar and identify gaps in library and obtain new guest and employee facing content as needed.
- Supervise any content production, editing, and planning for audio, video, and photo projects whether with third parties or in-house
- Oversee the production of all guest-facing print and digital collateral materials, brochures, guides, advertisements, etc.; as well as any other print and digital promotional media, are done attractively, accurately and on-time.
- Oversee creative and visual design.
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and with necessary approvals in place (Director Sales and Marketing, NPS Concessions Management Office, etc.)
- Provide guidance and assist Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Manager on internal and external employee materials.
- Utilize third-party design sites like Canva to provide templates and create ‘design ambassadors’
- Oversee the management of Yellowstone National Park Lodges social media program.
- Write and post information, content to Yellowstone National Park Lodges’ social media sites including: @YNPLodges Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, Instagram accounts and sub-lodge Instagram accounts.
- Continue to enhance and increase engagement with live broadcasts, partnerships, and contests
- Monitor social media sites to identify and report important feedback and conversations, making suggestions regarding appropriate responses
- Review and recommend as appropriate, new social media channels that can support the marketing efforts
- Coordinate with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure @YellowstoneJobs content is complimentary and provide support on those accounts occasionally.
- Oversee the development of email creative (including photos and copy) for guest-facing and conference sales e-mail communications plan.
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to ensure timely development and distribution of campaigns to subscriber lists.
- Offer assistance deploying emails in CRM program when needed.
- Assist with the development of creative for internal and external employee emails when needed.
- Oversee the design and assist in updating of information for the Yellowstone National Park Lodges website.
- Work with corporate digital marketing agency regarding design of the website and coordinate design projects
- Provide input and guidance as to website design and functionality
- Upload approved content directly to the website.
- Upload and refresh photos and videos as required.
- Ensure consistency of branding and photos on retail, online booking engine, and other Xanterra-operated sites.
- Assist with posting on internal employee intranet (Xpress) and external recruitment website as needed.
- Assist with developing creative assets for the guest and employee in-park digital signage program.
- In coordination with the Communications manager, create and upload approved content on the digital signage.
- Perform additional marketing and sales duties as specified by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Bachelors or similar degree in Graphic Design, Social Media, Communications, Videography, Sales & Marketing, Business or related field.
- At least two years of relevant job experience.
- Hands-on experience with creative software like the Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Dreamweaver or similar design software.
- Experience in designing and creating emails, brochures, advertisements, videos, podcasts, and other marketing materials and media.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining websites including writing and uploading content. Html experienced preferred but not required.
- Experience posting and monitoring social media including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and other channels.
- Ability to apply industry and company guidelines concerning written and verbal communications.
- Excellent “people skills.”
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a positive team-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to travel in and out of state for several days.
- Ability to project a professional corporate image to the public.
- Experience in the travel industry, advertising, graphic design is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone Park is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status