In the Emerging Technologies Practice at CGI, our consultants and technologists apply their deep expertise and problem-solving skills to implement cutting-edge and industry best solutions. Currently, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team. Our Data Engineers work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, are passionate about data accuracy and reliability and are always looking for new and more efficient ways to extract, process, and transform data. In this role, you will collaborate with the team while individually contributing to project deliverables that meet our clients’ needs.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Engage in meetings with client stakeholders to drive out requirements
- Analyze technology ecosystems and provide recommendations for data solutions
- Use data manipulation tools to source, transform, and blend data from multiple different data sources
- Write clear, concise, well-documented code and perform code review for peers
- Translate business objectives into quantitative metrics to achieve business goals and drive KPIs
- Prepare and present solutions to executive audiences
- Potential regional travel to client sites
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical architectures
- Data architecture components such as relational and NoSQL databases, star schema, data lakes, blob/file storage, data warehouses, etc.
- Existing and new data technologies and tools: Python, SQL, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
Programming and DevOps Fundamentals
- Problem solving, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Object oriented Python for scalable big data pipelines, ETL, web APIs, and microservices
- Integrated pipeline logging and unit testing
- DevOps principles and tools such as automated testing, deployments, and CI/CD
- Development and deployment onto cloud platforms including Azure, GCP, or AWS
- Data migration between on prem and cloud resources
- Big Data or Cloud integration technologies such as Databricks, Matillion, Azure Data Factory, AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, etc.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to communicate about handling multiple priorities and deadlines
- Data narration and storytelling with demonstrated ability to present to executive audience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology Management, or equivalent
About the Company
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. We are insights-driven and outcome-based to help accelerate returns on your IT and business investments.
Our 40-plus years of continuous growth is a testament to the confidence our clients place in us, to the commitment of our consultants, and to the sound principles on which we were founded and the resilient business model and sustaining principles on which we were founded by which we operate.
In all we do, our goal is to build trusted relationships through client proximity, providing industry and technology expertise to help you meet the needs of your customers and citizens.