Please Apply Via the Link – we do not accept applications by email!
Data Science at Tessian
Our mission is to secure the human layer. This involves deploying near real-time machine learning models at massive scale to some of the world’s largest organisations to keep their most sensitive data private and secure. To do this, we’re looking for a data scientist ready to work on hard problems, drive best practice and cultivate an environment of experimentation and learning.
Companies can leverage data science in a number of ways, and we think the role of a Data Scientist falls into three distinct categories:
* 1) You work for a business function analysing & reporting on how to improve a key metric, e.g increasing user conversion
* 2) You are responsible for writing production models to enhance the main product, e.g recommendation systems for e-commerce
* 3) You build the product – without machine learning, it wouldn’t exist
The Data Science team built the product at Tessian. We couldn’t exist without our machine learning models; they are at the heart of what we do, and they are what our clients rely on day-to-day. We’re searching for a Senior Data Scientist who is excited about the opportunities and challenges that come with researching, building and deploying real-time production models.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 1+ years Data Science experience
- Can balance longer term projects alongside impactful quick wins
- Cares deeply about the impact their team has
- Is creative at heart, and can encourage novel ways of thinking in their team. This has always been a core part of the data science team’s DNA
- Reads Rules of Machine Learning – Martin Zinkevich and it resonates with how they think about machine learning and data science
- Enjoys “getting their hands dirty” by digging into complex operations
- Has strong listening skills; open to input from other team members and departments
- Has worked with, or understands the principles behind working with data at scale
About the Company
Tessian protects every business’s mission by securing the human layer ?
We’re building intelligent security that works for human beings as they are, not how security policies would like them to be. Using machine learning technology, Tessian automatically predicts and eliminates advanced threats on email caused by human error – like data exfiltration, accidental data loss, business email compromise and phishing attacks – with minimal disruption to employees’ workflow. As a result, employees are empowered to do their best work, without security getting in their way.
Tessian has raised a $65m Series C led by renowned security investors, March Capital (Crowdstrike, Knowbe4), with follow-on from Sequoia, Accel, Balderton, Latitude & Schroder Adveq, to further our mission to secure the human layer.
Founded in 2013, Tessian is backed by world-class venture capital investors and has hubs in London, San Francisco, Boston, and Austin.