141,049 to 155,698 USD Per Year
- Plans, organizes, and directs the analysis of the Education Trust Fund budget,
institutional budgets for the 38 public higher education institutions, institutional financial issues, and the development of the
agency’s Consolidated Budget Recommendation.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the compilation of facilities inventories and
space utilization reports, institutional Facilities Master Plans, the formulation of capital budget requests, and the running of a formula
used to estimate deferred maintenance costs.
- Plans, organizes, and directs institutional research initiatives utilizing the
electronic student unit database and other required state and federal data collections.
- Plans, organizes, and directs information
technology services to include all programming activities, software selection and implementation and network development and
- Plans, organizes, and directs the completion external surveys (i.e. IPEDS, Southern Regional Education Board, State
Higher Education Executive Officers, etc.).
- Plans, organizes and directs the creation of all reports related to the unit’s
activities (regular and ad-hoc) as well as Commission meeting agenda items for thoroughness, accuracy, and adherence to Commission statute
and policy, and evaluates and modifies documents as necessary.
- Monitors the activities of the legislature on matters related to
funding and institutional performance. Activities include: drafting bills and amendments, analyzing bills, developing positions papers,
attending committee meetings and sessions and giving testimony.
- Formulates, interprets, and communicates, orally and in writing,
selected policies and positions of the Commission to institutions, advisory councils, government agencies, the legislature, professional
organizations and civic organizations.
- Participates in strategic planning initiatives.
- Performs administrative functions
associated with the management and supervision of the unit’s 10 staff members.
- Doctoral degree in a related field from a regionally accredited college or university is preferred.
- Significant experience in student data and information technology, including programming, is strongly preferred.
- Ability to
work independently, be self-directed and be solutions-oriented.
- Sound organizational and planning skills.
- Effective oral
and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
THE ALABAMA COMMISSION ON HIGHER EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER