Developer Advocate – Remote
Zyte is looking for a motivated Developer Advocate to show fellow developers the magic and wonder of the Zyte data extraction platform. As a member of the marketing team, you will create content and engage with the web data extraction community to help developers learn about web scraping techniques and Zyte developer tools.
In this role, you’ll create articles, videos, tutorials and other types of content for Zyte as well as third-party sites and blogs. You’ll build long-lasting relationships with members of the community. You’ll speak at Web Data Extraction Summit and other online (and offline) events. If you love coding, data, and community building, this role is perfect for you!
- Create content (written, video, webinars) and code samples that demonstrate how to work with and integrate Zyte tools.
- Engage with the community across social channels and forums and showcase how to solve web scraping challenges with or without Zyte
- Speak at developer-focused events
- Write blog posts for Zyte and third-party sites.
- Identify external advocates and community leaders, and support them as they talk about Zyte and web data extraction independent of us.
- Represent the developer POV in the marketing team.
- Work with our technical teams to identify content opportunities and channel community feedback
- Identify opportunities to improve documentation and be an active contributor
- Post regularly on the company’s social channels for our developer audience
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 2+ years of experience working as a developer or developer advocate/evangelist or support engineer.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Python.
- Interest in web data extraction
- A passion for developers and helping developers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with some experience with public speaking
- Proven experience working with communities, social media, and blogging required.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant and able to prioritize tasks.
- Strong team player with good analytical and technical writing skills
- Experience with Scrapy, headless browsers and web scraping is a plus but not a hard requirement.
About the Company
At Zyte (formerly Scrapinghub), we eat data for breakfast and you can eat your breakfast anywhere and work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 190 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to extract the data they need to continue to innovate and grow their businesses. We believe that all businesses deserve a smooth pathway to data.
For more than a decade, Zyte has led the way in building powerful, easy-to-use tools to collect, format, and deliver web data, quickly, dependably, and at scale. And today, the data we extract helps thousands of organizations make smarter business decisions, secure competitive advantage, and drive sustainable growth. Today, over 2,000 companies and 1 million developers rely on our tools and services to get the data they need from the web.