Posting Number: 202272
Location: San Marcos
Recruitment Type: Department Employees Only
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: $7,000 + commensurate with experience
Job Category: Exempt
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the
requirements of the position.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence
- Bachelor’s degree or
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in customer service role(s)
- Experience in
effectively leading and/or managing teams to meet project- or performance-based goals
- Experience developing
- Experience giving presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- 5+ years’
experience providing IT-related customer service in a higher education environment
- Experience with Cherwell or similar IT
Service Management System (ITSM)
- Experience with remote support delivery tools
- ITIL/ITSM/HDI or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical support staff
Texas State University is seeking outstanding candidates for the Director of Client Solutions position. The
director reports to the Associate Vice President (AVP) for the Information Technology Assistance Center (ITAC) unit within the IT Division.
This position provides vision, leadership, and oversight for the operations of the ITAC Service Desk, which includes managing the staff and
service points responsible for supporting faculty, staff, and students with their information technology needs.
Solutions department is comprised of several teams. At our San Marcos location we have a Support Services (Call Center) team and a Service
Center (Walkup Support) team. At our Round Rock location, we have a support team which is comprised of a Service Center (Walkup Support),
field support agents, and classroom audio/visual (A/V) technicians. End user support is provided via phone, email, chat, and face-to-face
interactions. Additionally, this position leads and participates in projects to fit technology solutions to campus needs.
as a unit provides effective and efficient world-class, customer-focused technical support, computer repair, computer deployment, device
management, classroom technology support, technology consulting, along with software and technology training to the students, faculty, and
staff of Texas State to ensure they can effectively meet their teaching, learning, business, and research goals.
- Provide vision, leadership, and oversight for all aspects of the ITAC Service Desk, including technical support
via phone, email, chat, walk-up, and field support.
- Train, coach, mentor staff to deliver quality service.
- Responsible for end-user support of information technology systems.
- Directs and manages functions of the department,
making sure that the services meet unit and department mission, keeping a high level of performance and standards.
- Set overall
strategy and vision for the IT support models at Texas State University
- Develop, implement, and monitor performance measures
for the department, make recommendations to ensure support operations are high quality, efficient, and customer focused. Work towards
continual service improvement.
- Anticipate, identify, communicate, resolve and/or escalate complex problems and issues;
perform problem management and resolution activities, and implement quality improvements.
- Lead projects and/or represent the teams
as a member of other information technology projects that impact up to 50,000 end users.
- Work collaboratively with
departments outside of IT and with entities outside of the university (i.e. vendors).
- Conduct research on new applications, tools,
and methods. Stay aware of future trends. Evaluate hardware, software, processes, services, for internal use and campus end users.
- Work with other IT management staff in the development, implementation, interpretation, and application of plans, policies, procedures,
controls, standards, and objectives related to areas of responsibility. Recommend revisions as necessary to ensure compliance with all
applicable laws, codes, policies, and regulations.
- Develop internal policies and procedures for the Service Desk and perform
training and quality assurance activities with the team.
- Handle complex technical escalations from call center staff,
including dissatisfied clients and non-supported inquiries.
- Participate in IT change management activities, acting as the
change manager for ITAC Client Solutions.
- Perform trend analysis on incidents and service requests, monitor reports and
metrics, identify needs, and set internal processes.
- Serve as the primary IT support advisor to the Associate Vice President
- Complete project and task management, software testing, and end user documentation.
exercises discretion and maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
YOU WILL BE
REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.
Legal and Required Notices
State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our
diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion
for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the
outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications,
reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use
of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to
increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas
* Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with
Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
* Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick
days and many more!
* Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive
FREE wellness program
* Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course
offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
* An inclusive Bobcat community: join
our many social networks offered on and off-campus
* Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving
options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most
beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.