Staff & Executive – Administrative & Support
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrated a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 70,800 students and 27,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Rutgers University-New Brunswick took root over 250 years ago. We are the state’s most comprehensive intellectual resource-the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the region’s most high-profile public research institution and a leading national research center with a global impact.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Director for the Office of Information Technology-Enterprise Application Services. Reporting to the Associate Vice President – Enterprise Application Services, the Director of Business Systems is responsible for overseeing the development, maintenance, and ongoing support of Enterprise wide University financial and business systems. This position provides a vision for financial/business administrative systems and technology that satisfies the requirements of the University and exploits the capabilities and direction of the information technology industry.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Develops recommendations and follow through with a strategy to support the implementation of new modules and/or functionality; as well as new integrations.
- Works closely with business partners and seek to take advantage of the functionality within the applications and eliminate customizations where possible and/or to develop workaround solutions to problems as needed.
- Responsible for leading a team of technical staff in the day to day operations and support of the University’s financial and business systems as well as play a key leadership role in the major University initiatives supporting the Oracle Financials/HCM/EPM suite of projects, including COA2 and the transition from PeopleSoft to HCM Cloud.
- Works closely with Business Process Owners, functional and technical team leads, dba’s, and others as new projects are initiated and/or enhancements are requested, defined, tested, and implemented.
Position Status: Full Time
Daily Work Shift: Day
Annual Minimum Salary: 138833.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 175623.000
Annual Maximum Salary: 212416.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Admin Assembly (MPSC)
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment: Staff – 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of ten years of experience managing technical staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with financial and business administrative systems is required, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud and/or PeopleSoft suite of products is required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with financial, budgeting, payroll and human resource processes.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively as well as translate business requirements to technical staff.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, must be able to work collaboratively with a variety of individuals at various levels within an organization.
- Must have excellent time management abilities.
- Ability to think strategically and analyze and recommend solutions to complex problems. Must be able to think outside of the box and find innovative and creative solutions.
- Strong business skills in planning, organizing, decision making, and be results oriented. Must be able to multi-task, work well under pressure, and re-prioritize activities/resources as needed.
- Must demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgement and have the ability to achieve results through others.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of financial, budgeting, payroll and human resource processes. It should understand the capabilities, functionality, integration, and complexities of ERP systems (preferably Oracle Cloud Financial suite, Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), as well as the PeopleSoft HCM or Oracle Cloud HCM suite.)
Responsible for managing several project teams in day to day production support, enhancements, troubleshooting, and release management for the applications listed below.
Oracle Cloud Finance
- Accounts Payable
- General Ledger
- Human Resources
- Fixed Assets
- Lease Management
- Accounts Receivable
- Expense Management
Enterprise Performance Management
- Account Reconciliation (ARCS)
- Financial Close (FCCCS)
- Profitability and Cost Management (PCMCS)
- Workforce Planning
- Enterprise Planning and Budgeting (EPBCS)
- Enterprise Planning and Reporting (EPRCS)
- Time and Labor
- Absence Reporting System
- Core Human Resources
- Commitment Accounting
- Self Service Employee
- Self Service Manager
- Template Based Hire
- Advanced Benefits
- HRINFO System
Posting Open Date: 09/28/2021
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Off Campus
1 Worlds Fair Dr Somerset, NJ 08873