Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati embarks upon its third century – building on the past and defining the future by leading urban, public universities into a new era of innovation and impact through its strategic direction, Next Lives Here. Underscoring the power of creativity, ingenuity, invention and inclusion, what’s Next will accelerate our unrivaled momentum, evidenced by eight straight years of record enrollment and rankings that include placement among America’s top 100 public universities by U.S. News & World Report. Home to a diverse student body of nearly 47,000 and more than 4,200 distinguished faculty, the university combines its Research 1 (Very High Research Activity) Carnegie Classification with a physical setting that The New York Times recently acclaimed as “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.
Under general supervision from a designated administrator, direct and manage the administrative and operational activities of a core information technology function.
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations of the unit are reliable, meet the needs of users, and support the university’s missions; develops computing standards
- Plan for continuously evolving technology services of higher quality and performance levels, which meet the needs of the user community; provide robust and cost-effective services to a complex and diverse community; execute those plans in a timely and cost efficient manner
- Oversee unit budget to ensure the delivery of quality services and ongoing renewal and development; manage within budget
- Provide senior technology leadership and in-house consultant support to the university community; collaborate with executives and technology leaders in the college and other administrative units so that the university’s services are coordinate, coherent, responsive, and contemporary
- Represent the department in university, state and national forums; solicit and respond to community concerns; provide creative and imaginative leadership
- Participate in the strategic planning activities; leads and directs the work of others
- Provide direct supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.); delegate project assignments
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or relevant degree with five (5) years of experience; or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, with seven (7) years of experience; or Associate’s degree with nine (9) years of experience, or a combination of relevant education and eleven (11) years of relevant experience.
- Experience must include at least three (3) years of supervision. Possesses broad and deep knowledge of own area and related areas and contributes through setting and/or implementing strategic direction.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- This position will manage the day to day operations of a team of System Administrators and Database Administrators for the University’s core enterprise systems, as well as participating in the strategic planning with departmental leadership
- Experience in managing teams in ERP environments
- Must understand enterprise architecture concepts and practices
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
The University of Cincinnati is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. UC is a smoke-free environment.