Purdue University Fort Wayne IT Services is seeking a Director of Applications and Systems Development. This position assures existing applications continue to function in the enterprise environment, assures appropriate ITS resources are applied to services restoration as a priority, and maintains business-wise priorities in restoring faulted services. Additional responsibilities include:
- Manages application integration, development & enhancement projects to successful completion. Sets priorities in applying limited resources to fulfilling high demand according to university needs. Manages resources in an agile, varied technology environment to university advantage. Sets high standards for productivity, efficiency, and meeting project scope, time, and costs.
- Evaluates ITS applications service requests & facilitates a proposed solution approach for requestor review. Understands & appropriately applies solutions available from prevailing technology trends. Accounts for the many factors of application package & services integration. Accounts for issues inherent in security and disaster recovery in application approaches. Translates requestor requirements to practical technology and process approaches.
- Assures an effective application development & support staff. Knows staff’s strengths, weaknesses and works to improve effectiveness. Assures staff are trained in current & useful emerging technologies, with necessary tools. Fosters teamwork, builds consensus.
- Functions as an influential member of the ITS general management team. Participates in analyzing problems, issues, threats, and opportunities in the overall ITS charge of supporting the university mission, & proposing solutions.
- Remains aware of university business & academic functions & strategic plans. Stays interactive with client affairs and related applications efforts. Looks for opportunities for IT to support university and individual unit needs.
- Remains current on technology & techniques across the IT profession.
Find out why so many are taking advantage of a career at Purdue University Fort Wayne! Employees enjoy:
- Free tuition through Purdue University Global
- Fee remission for a traditional Purdue degree for yourself, spouse, and children
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years of experience managing in a professional information technology environment supporting application software.
- Supervisory experience necessary.
- Project management experience with practical IT experience in applications design, integration programming/analysis, database and Web.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work at all levels of the organizations.
- Ability to interfere with all constituents.
- Ability to analyze business requirements and work with team to develop solutions.
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately
Purdue University Fort Wayne seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Purdue Fort Wayne is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Purdue Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
May 28, 2021
PUFW is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/
Affirmative Action Employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.