The Director of Application Services is the technical and team lead responsible for enterprise applications, data, and technologies
services for the College’s business operations, as well as leader of the IT Program Management Office (PMO). Reporting to the Chief
Information Officer, the Director is part of the IT Senior Leadership Team that has overall responsibility for all aspects of technology
services. The Director of Application Services, supervising a group of application developer, programmer, analyst and database technicians,
is responsible for providing exemplary support to departments and individuals on and off campus that depend on enterprise applications and
services to meet their business needs and goals. Specific areas of responsibilities include, ERP/SIS, Applications Solutions, Database
Management, Business Intelligence, ERP Disaster Recovery, Data Security process adherence, Change/Release Management, and Program and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of application
solution development and support delivery.
- Leads and directs project management efforts within the Application team. Provides
project management expertise to other groups within the information technology organization as required.
- Serves as the lead
expert regarding Banner and Banner related applications and work processes.
- Manages the effective and timely resolution of Banner
issues and problems.
- Performs analysis, problem solving and programming support to provide efficient and effective use of college
information systems in support of client’s goals and objectives.
- Manages solutions pertaining to data integrity, upgrades and
modifications to the ERP (Banner) System and application portfolio.
- Responsible for effective deployment and management of
personnel within the Application area to insure the timely completion of projects and resolutions of work orders.
- Recommends and
enforces campus-wide policies and procedures associated with the efficient use of the Banner System and related products.
- Coordinates and manages the implementation of third party products, interfaces, or module enhancements that interact with the
college’s Banner or other enterprise systems.
- Facilitates the delivery of application services related training for
- Identifies, implements, and evaluates reporting strategies, analytics, and dashboards in partnership with departments
across the college.
- Acts as the relationship manager with major application vendors (Ellucian, Oracle, etc.).
closely with IT Support Services team to ensure effective support for applications portfolio.
- Works closely with IT Infrastructure
team to plan engineering, support and upgrade of application infrastructures.
- Works in concert with the Director of Infrastructure
and Support Services to ensure that all of the institution’s information technology needs are met in a timely fashion.
in concert with the Chief Information Security Officer to ensure that all of the institution’s data security and incident response
policies are implemented and adhered to.
- Provides input and assists in preparing the annual information technology budget.
- Involves the college’s administrative and academic computer system users/departments in plan creation, implementation of
technological advances and resolution of the application portfolio related issues.
- Serves as a leader in the Program Management
Office for program and project execution, as well as in the evolution of Program Management Office best practices at LCCC.
as a leader for implementing and leading Change management consistent with ITSM and ITIL best practices.
- Serves as a member of
College’s Leadership Team.
- Serves as a member of various college planning/advisory groups and committees as requested.
- Develops and maintains an operation manual for the position.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
in related field from an accredited institution.
- Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA
Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting)
- Minimum five experience with an ERP application, including managing teams of technical professionals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in project management leading significant
scope programs with multiple teams.
- Working technical knowledge of database architecture.
- Must have demonstrated
capabilities of performing and/or managing Oracle Database Administration, SQL, PL/SQL and query tools such as SQL Developer or TOAD, Oracle
Linux based system administration in order to implement technical and business objectives.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of
the technical and business issues surrounding data security and integrity, confidentiality, and the legal issues governing institutional
information and must be able to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or concerns of colleagues and constituents.
Recommended Soft Skills:
- A strong technical background that exhibits both breadth and depth is important,
as is the ability to effectively communicate and share that knowledge both orally and in writing.
- Must be well organized and an
advocate of providing outstanding customer service to the institution’s user community.
- Must be able to effectively perform,
guide and lead others in the successful completion of technical tasks.
- Must possess the capability to work with minimal
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Must possess a high level of the following work skills
and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and
- Experience interacting and negotiating with technology vendors is strongly
preferred as is responsibility for managing contracts.
- Experience developing Release and Change Management processes and procedures
a plus. Experience with a continuous improvement methodology a plus.
- Project management certification is desired.
Lehigh Carbon Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.