VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Search Extended
POSTING: Director of Information Systems
DATE: June 25, 2021
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Affairs and
Information Services, the employee plans, evaluates, organizes, and delivers technology services across the College. The Director of
Information Systems provides leadership, vision and overall management of the information technology department and staff, coordinating all
aspects of LMS, ERP, internal networks and systems administration and operation. The employee is responsible for database management,
application security, related online services, and third-party software applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION, DUTIES
- Coordinates, directs, and plans all aspects of the Information Technology Department, including
oversight of all instructional technology campus wide.
- Develops and implements plans to forecast campus technology infrastructure
including hardware and software; develops plans and proper rotations for new computer, network and system purchases to ensure campus
technology is current.
- Supervises departmental staff including hiring, training, scheduling, establishing workflow standards,
assigning work, evaluating performance, and other personnel actions to ensure productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains a system of IP network, wireless, phone and internet connection for the campus and maintains, upgrade all
telecommunication equipment as needed.
- Coordinates the data systems of the college including ERP systems, active directory, web
services, VPN, and email.
- Ensures the security, availability, performance, and backup of all IT systems and develops, reviews and
- Develops, revises, and maintains IT data policies and participates in the College’s institutional planning process.
- Manages the budget and personnel of the Information Systems Department.
- Schedules and performs midrange system operations
including system backup and file storage, system maintenance, and development of effective recovery plan.
- Manages the Department
technical support to ensure that tickets and projects are completed in a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to work nonstandard
hours is required.
- Serve on College committees.
- Facilitate and participate in campus activities supporting college events
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Affairs & Information Services and/or the
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or
- Five (5) years of experience with the field of Information Technology or Computer Technology.
- Experience working with BANNER. 2
Salary range is $80,216 – $115,065 based on qualifications according to ACCS Salary Schedule C1.
DATE: On or before September 1, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 16, 2021, 11:30 a.m.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Vacancy
Announcements and Employment Applications are available at www.trenholmstate.edu and by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (334) 420-4442 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials may be delivered to the Office
of Human Resources, Room A102 of the Administration Building on the Trenholm Campus, or submitted via U.S. mail to the following address:
Trenholm State Community College, Office of Human resources, P.O. Box 10048, Montgomery, AL 36108.
Applications currently on file
must be resubmitted for this position. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a complete packet for each position. Once
submitted, all application packets become the property of Trenholm State. The submission of all application materials (an application
packet) to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline is the sole responsibility of the applicant. Delinquent, e-mailed, and
unsigned application packets/documents will not be accepted. Only complete application packets will be considered.
completed application packet consists of:
- A completed official College employment application; “See resume or attached”
will not be accepted.
- A current resume.
- Three (3) signed letters of reference; font-typed signatures are not
- Copies of all relevant transcripts. Transcripts copies must show the identification of the institution, the
identification of the applicant, and verify that the applicant has received the minimum degree requirements as stated in the “Required
Qualifications” section. The person chosen to fill the position is required to furnish official transcripts prior to the completion of the
first semester of employment.
- As a condition of the employment offer, the applicant chosen to fill the position will be required to
submit letters of verification from previous or current employer verifying the work experience stated in the “Required Qualifications”
section. The letters of verification must include the applicant’s beginning and ending dates of employment, employment title, and indicate
if the employment was full or part time.
Applicants who fail to submit a complete application packet will not be considered.
OTHER INFORMATION: Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their
own expense. Trenholm State Community College reserves the right to withdraw any job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy
occur during the search process.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and procedures, the applicant chosen
for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $17.40 (additional charges may apply) for a
criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check.
Trenholm State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify
electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control
of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any
impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability,
sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits
of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Trenholm State will make reasonable accommodations for
qualified disabled applicants or employees).
Trenholm State Community College is an equal opportunity employer.
Trenholm State Community College is an equal opportunity employer.