POSTING: Director of Information Systems DATE: June 16, 2021
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Affairs and Information
Services, the employee plans, evaluates, organizes, and delivers technology services across the College. The Director of Information Systems
provides leadership, vision and overall management of the information technology department and staff, coordinating all aspects of LMS, ERP,
internal networks and systems administration and operation. The employee is responsible for database management, application security,
related online services, and third-party software applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION, DUTIES &
- Coordinates, directs, and plans all aspects of the Information Technology Department, including oversight
of all instructional technology campus wide.
- Develops and implements plans to forecast campus technology infrastructure including
hardware and software; develops plans and proper rotations for new computer, network and system purchases to ensure campus technology is
- Supervises departmental staff including hiring, training, scheduling, establishing workflow standards, assigning work,
evaluating performance, and other personnel actions to ensure productivity and quality standards are maintained.
- Develops and
maintains a system of IP network, wireless, phone and internet connection for the campus and maintains, upgrade all telecommunication
equipment as needed.
- Coordinates the data systems of the college including ERP systems, active directory, web services, VPN, and
- Ensures the security, availability, performance, and backup of all IT systems and develops, reviews and certifies.
- Develops, revises, and maintains IT data policies and participates in the College’s institutional planning process.
- Manages the
budget and personnel of the Information Systems Department.
- Schedules and performs midrange system operations including system
backup and file storage, system maintenance, and development of effective recovery plan.
- Manages the Department technical support
to ensure that tickets and projects are completed in a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to work nonstandard hours is
- Serve on College committees.
- Facilitate and participate in campus activities supporting college events as
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean of Student Affairs & Information Services and/or the
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or
- Five ( 5) years of experience with the field of Information Technology or Computer Technology.
- Experience working with BANNER.
Salary range is $80,216 – $115,065 based on qualifications according to ACCS Salary Schedule C1.
ANTICIPATED STARTING DATE: On or before August 2, 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 7, 2021, 5:30 p.m. APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Vacancy
Announcements and Employment Applications are available at www.trenholmstate.edu and by contacting the Office of Human Resources at ( 334) 420-4442 or email@example.com. Application materials may be delivered to the Office
of Human Resources, Room A102 of the Administration Building on the Trenholm Campus, or submitted via U.S. mail to the following address:
Trenholm State Community College, Office of Human resources, P.O. Box 10048, Montgomery, AL 36108. Applications currently on file must be
resubmitted for this position. If you are applying for more than one position, submit a complete packet for each position. Once submitted,
all application packets become the property of Trenholm State. The submission of all application materials (an application packet) to the
Office of Human Resources by the application deadline is the sole responsibility of the applicant. Delinquent, e-mailed, and unsigned
application packets/documents will not be accepted. Only complete application packets will be considered.
application packet consists of:
- A completed official College employment application; “See resume or attached” will not be
- A current resume.
- Three (
3) signed letters of reference; font-typed signatures are not acceptable.
- Copies of all relevant transcripts. Transcripts copies must show the identification of the institution, the identification of the
applicant, and verify that the applicant has received the minimum degree requirements as stated in the “Required Qualifications” section.
The person chosen to fill the position is required to furnish official transcripts prior to the completion of the first semester of
- As a condition of the employment offer, the applicant chosen to fill the position will be required to submit letters of
verification from previous or current employer verifying the work experience stated in the “Required Qualifications” section. The letters of
verification must include the applicant’s beginning and ending dates of employment, employment title, and indicate if the employment was
full or part time.
Applicants who fail to submit a complete application packet will not be considered.
INFORMATION: Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. Trenholm
State Community College reserves the right to withdraw any job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
More than one
position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and procedures, the applicant chosen for employment will be
required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $17.40 (additional charges may apply) for a criminal background check.
Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Trenholm State Community
College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an
employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
It is the policy of the
Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community
College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or
characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other
protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to
discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Trenholm State will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled
applicants or employees).
Trenholm State Community College is an equal opportunity employer.
Trenholm State Community College is an equal opportunity employer.