OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Director of Information Systems
DIVISION: Administration & Finance
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS: ESU Cat. 17
EEO STATUS: 3.1
JOB CODE: 043
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice Chancellor for Computer & Information Technology
SUPERVISES: Information systems development and integration team consisting of full-time staff and students
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY: $69,052
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Director of Information Systems provides leadership and vision for the efficient alignment of technology with strategic initiatives and functional business processes in support of the academic mission. To accomplish this, the Director works closely with functional offices, academic partners, other CITS teams, and vendors. The Director and the team complete the transition from the in-house web-server stack (Linux, Apache, Postgres, PHP) to the Heroku container environment for app development and low-code cloud-based solutions. The Director provides technical leadership in analysis and design, and assumes the lead in researching and utilizing emergent information systems technology with a cloud-first approach. The Director participates in the evaluation of University systems needs and analyzes solutions from an integration, technology, and infrastructure perspective. The Director defines, promotes, and maintains development standards and methodologies for the team, vendors, and anyone hosting custom code on University systems. Leads and works with a team that is responsible for the University’s portal platform, the University’s Salesforce CRM, the Lenel card access software and related hardware, point-of-sale systems, the Boomi integration platform, the BonitaSoft BPM platform, DocuSign, electronic document management, single sign-on and data integrations of 3rd party applications, and support of a variety of other systems.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides vision, leadership, and advocacy for the effective use of technology in support of business processes through BPM and, currently, the BonitaSoft platform; coordinates the transition from paper to electronic processes.
- Oversees day-to-day systems management for UMass Dartmouth information systems and data interfaces to any 3rd party system.
- Promotes and develops the Salesforce CRM in support of the 360-degree view of the student to aid University retention efforts.
- Strives to improve the interoperability of systems.
- Leads in new system planning and integration, both at the local and University-wide level; coordinates and oversees implementation.
- Researches, tests, proposes, and specifies emerging information systems to include software, tools, infrastructure including costing analysis.
- Works closely and in coordination with the Instructional Development team on faculty technology initiatives.
- Consults with department representatives in the development of specifications and requirements for implementation of systems.
- Coordinates projects by bringing together campus constituencies including faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Consults and collaborates with all CITS teams.
- Participates in University/system wide meetings and activities as appropriate representing UMass Dartmouth systems technology requirements.
- Communicates with other universities and technology providers throughout the state, U.S. and world as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and conferences to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of relevant information systems and technologies.
- Responsible for quality assurance for apps published to the Apple app store and Android marketplace for University accounts.
- Enforces adherence to information security protocols; performs regular system and application vulnerability scans and penetration tests; works with the team to remediate any findings in a timely manner.
- Leads by example in providing excellent customer service; backs up team members in supporting key University information systems and platforms.
- Prepares an annual budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Information Systems related field.
- Significant (5 or more years) leadership experience.
- Significant experience managing a team of developers and system analysts.
- Significant experience in the management and integration automation of information systems.
- Significant experience in information systems and software development life-cycle management.
OTHER: Must be available to respond to situations that arise during nights or weekends. Position requires travel to off campus meetings and conferences.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Comprehensive knowledge of current development standards, information security, and methodologies.
- Significant project management skills, detail-oriented, and ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural and geographic backgrounds.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation.
- Commitment to excellent customer service and team-oriented leadership. Ability to work collaboratively with the University community. Ability to interpret client needs related to information systems and business process alignment.
- Strong understanding of technical and business dependencies of information systems.
- Strong understanding of data structures and architectures.
- Understanding of the Salesforce Service Cloud CRM.
- Ability to make written and oral presentations clearly and effectively.
- Effective oral and written communication to work with University community to promote efficient use of information systems, technology, and online learning.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Salesforce CRM administration and/or development.
- Demonstrated experience in the Boomi integration platform.
- Demonstrated experience in BPM.
- Experience with the Atrium Campus Management platform.
- Experience with the Lenel platform.
- Experience in Higher Education
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The deadline to apply is July 13, 2021.
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth wholeheartedly supports and encourages the development of action programs designed to promote the employment and advancement of women, Blacks, Latino, Asians, Native Americans, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era Veterans as a means of assuring compliance with the provisions of campus Affirmative Action plans.
The University firmly supports the concept of equal opportunity without regard to an individual’s race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status as it applies to his/her employment, admission to or participation in the University’s programs and activities, provision of services, and selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University