Director of IT Operations
Texas A&M University
Division Of Information Technology
Proposed Minimum Salary
College Station, Texas
Here is a Glimpse of Day-Day and Your Opportunity to Contribute
Texas A&M University is designing and building a state-of-the-art enterprise network and is seeking leaders to ensure the development and support of specialized areas. In the role of Director, Information Technology you be responsible for leading strategic procurement and deployment initiatives and developing strategies to optimize IT spend as well as managing vendor relationships for Information Technology needs. This position reports to the AVP, Operations.
This is an Export Control position which requires an individual to be a United States Citizen. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ten years of related experience in the contract negotiations, software audit/license, procurement, and software asset management, including at least two years of related supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Developing strategic procurement initiatives experience
- Experience with gathering stakeholder and business requirements to ensure procurement solutions support business needs
- Experience managing RFIs and RFPs
- Experience overseeing contract negotiations, experience with vendor contracts and compliance for State institutions
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Experience with software audit / license compliance trends, processes, and practices
- Software asset management strategies, practices, and tools experience
- Experience adapting and developing IT procurement processes to make them more agile and focused on business outcomes
- Experience with IT procurement and software asset management
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with IT purchasing for State institutions
- ITIL Foundations, PMP certification
- Leadership & Management – Plans, organizes, leads, and directs operations of Information Technology (IT) infrastructure services and computer laboratories. Conducts and attends meetings.
- Operations – Ensures that IT infrastructure systems and services are operating correctly. Reports problems and works with support staff to resolve them. Provides assistance and guidance to IT support personnel and student workers to resolve problems. Coordinates IT maintenance activities and management issues. Prepares budget estimate recommendations for information technology installations, operations, and equipment.
- Monitoring & Researching – Monitors and research new procedures. Oversees IT personnel performing complex troubleshooting, repairs, and upgrades on IT systems. Ensures that IT personnel maintain system configuration documentation, inventory of equipment, and operating supplies.
- Supervision – Supervises IT project teams and IT support personnel. Hires, trains, assigns duties, schedules work, monitors performance, and evaluates IT Services department personnel. Manages training of IT support personnel.
- Consultation – Supervises IT project teams and IT support personnel. Hires, trains, assigns duties, schedules work, monitors performance, and evaluates IT Services department personnel. Manages training of IT support personnel. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Professional Development – Participate in training and professional development sessions.
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environments for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values. We are a prestigious university with strong traditions, Core Values, and a community of caring and collaboration. Amenities associated with a major university, such as: sporting and cultural events, state-of-the-art recreation facilities, the Bush Library and Museum, and much more await you. Experience all that a big city has to offer but with a reasonable cost-of-living and no long commutes.
In addition, you have access to many benefits and perks, such as:
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University and TAMHSC, must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
In accordance with the federal contractor vaccination mandate, specific facilities at The Texas A&M System may be considered a covered contractor workplace with covered contractor employees. Therefore, successful applicants for this position may be subject to the federal mandate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless an approved medical or religious accommodation is in place.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.