Job Type: Full time
Job Number: R-00913
RISD’s Students Affairs is actively seeking a Director of Operations. Student Affairs provides opportunities for all
students to develop personally, socially, and intellectually in support of the college’s academic mission. This office creates active
learning environments that support students’ co-curricular experience with programming and services that reflect the values of community,
inclusiveness, responsibility, leadership, and well-being. RISD’s students are diverse, coming from a wide range of geographic,
socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds, representing all forms of diversity. The College strives to cultivate a culturally competent campus
environment that advances principles of social equity and inclusion, environmental and climate justice, and equal access to resources and
opportunities. As an employer, RISD offers a supportive, collegial and inclusive work environment and a competitive benefits package.
The Director of Operations, Student Affairs, is responsible for the application of knowledge, skills, and best practices to define and,
where possible, improve processes to meet the needs of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs (EMSA) and Rhode Island School of Design.
The Director of Operations collects, processes, interprets, reports, and maintains data to meet the needs of EMSA and RISD. The scope of
work encompasses strengthening the infrastructure in EMSA and the ability to plan strategically through technology and systems, project
management, data analytics, and business process analysis.
- Create cross-functional
processes and systems improvements, upgrades, and implementations in support of EMSA mission. Provide EMSA users with individualized support
along with user guidelines when necessary (Colleague, Workday, Informer, Slate, StarRez, etc.)
- Serves as project manager for Student
Affairs within EMSA operations and systems. Actively engage other divisions, such as, Academic Affairs, Finance, Information Technology,
Institutional Engagement, and Campus Services to streamline the student experience, student and parent communication, and internal RISD
communications. Lend expertise to internal teams and task forces.
- Support COVID reporting as needed related to centralized testing,
contact tracing, and quarantine/isolation data collection processes in student affairs, working extensively with IT and department
leadership. Maintain COVID policy and operating documentation for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.
- Act as a representative
for Student Affairs in Workday Student implementation and assist with decision making in regards to data collection and storage, business
processes, and communication plans.
- Identify reporting methods or create new methods for Student Affairs. Share data to inform
decision making, including compilations and analyses of market research data, and information about peer institutions. Provide data when
necessary to the VP.
- Leverage existing systems and processes to maximize data mining and analysis and to allow proactive strategic
planning. Propose the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Recommend and implements EMSA operations to
foster a strong, customized, relationship building student experience.
- Work with Student Affairs leadership to support strategic
priorities. Identify areas where leaders should direct their focus as well as metrics for success. Revisit those metrics regularly and
evaluate progress against them.
- Help determine key performance indicators and update dashboards as needed. Develop learning
outcomes, assessments, and tools for the division.
- Lead annual strategic planning process for Student Affairs by acting as a project
manager and ensuring alignment with the VP and senior leadership team.
- Coordinate agendas for VP’s approval before leadership team
and divisional meetings.
- Organize Student Affairs retreats, conferences, and other special events.
- Support management of
Student Affairs operational budget.
- Perform other duties as required by the VP of
EMSA / AVP or Student Affairs.
- Previous work in higher education
- Knowledge in Student Information Systems such as Colleague, Workday, StarRez, Maxient, Medicat, Titanium, MS-EXCEL, and
other on campus systems
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively with multiple diverse
- Proven ability to analyze and manage large complex projects
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills;
ability to work and contribute in a teamwork environment
- Comfort and flexibility with independent learning of software and online
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience in operations, project
management, or related applicable experience
35 hours/week; 12 months/year
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter (required)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload all required
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome
candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
internal use only – Job Family:
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.