About This Role:
The Service Desk and Support Operations team is comprised of
service desk staff and client-side engineer’s responsible for the technical support of faculty, staff, and students. Our team culture
empowers you to take ownership of your work and its outcome. This is a unique opportunity for self-motivated individuals to work with an
innovative team. We are looking for candidates who can work collaboratively to resolve problems and have a high tolerance for complexity and
ambiguity. You must understand the development, maintenance, support, and optimizing key functional areas including service desk, end user
computing (faculty, staff, and students), service monitoring, and level 1 of business application services. This is more than a hands-on
technical and managerial role; you will be expected to take charge of problems and take the initiative to design and deliver solutions. We
have the team that has a strong desire to learn, innovate, research, and apply new technologies and methods as needed. We are looking for
candidates who enjoy mentoring teammates and developing those around them.
Job responsibilities include:
& service owner
- Manage the core ITIL processes.
- Ensure all processes are fit for purpose, fit for use, and
fit for size and maturity.
- Verify key stakeholders are aligned and up to date on process changes or projects.
owner for customer and product specific knowledge articles for the Service Desk.
- Ensure Service Desk specific FAQs are continuously
updated, maintained and used.
- Manage programs and improvement plans through to successful completion.
the Service Desk team
- Serve as a customer and product subject matter expert.
- Drive and influence the Service
Desk team to ensure we meet and exceed our customer’s expectations.
- Plan, manage, and own the QA Process for the Service Desk.
- Provide input to the development of strategic goals and objectives.
Oversee the Client-Side Engineering
- Establish and review metrics for the customer SLA (Service Level Agreement) process.
- Manage the annual
SLA review process.
- Ensure the team is meeting expectations for customer service by establishing and routinely monitoring KPIs
through the team lead.
- Oversee IT asset management lifecycle – procurement, deployment, support, and disposal.
Provide strategic and operation leadership support to the OneIT Leadership group
- Collaborate with
Stakeholders to standardize process and practices.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a
comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and
holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks
individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is
dedicated to promoting the Principles of
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five+ years of relevant experience
- Masters’ degree + 1 years of experience (preferred in computer science, information systems,
business administration or related field)
- Three to five years of leadership responsibility in managing multiple, large,
cross-functional projects and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Expert communicator to influence acceptance
of new methods, work procedures, organizational relationships, etc., that affect the basic content and character of operations,
relationships with other groups, and overall mission goals
- ITIL Foundation Certification or willingness to obtain within 6 months
- 5 or more years in IT and business/industry
- Ability to identify ways to improve effectiveness of work methods,
procedures, distribution of work assignments, management controls, information and documentation systems, and similar functions
- Applied knowledge in analyzing procedures, organizational structure, and other subjects of management that are characteristically
unstable, wide in scope, and composed of many high-level, complex tasks
- Ability to represent Kansas State University, as an
analytical expert, within and outside the university, and to resolve different and entrenched viewpoints.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Letter of
- Resume that includes education and employment history
- Three references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins on June 28, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary
$ 75,000 – $ 100,000 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks
diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement :
In connection with your
application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your
candidacy as an employee.