One growing team. One powerful goal.
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged-and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we
focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in
every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work
environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to
transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual
differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore,
we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered.
We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming
lives-beginning with yours.
Here’s more information about the job you clicked on:
This position is based
in the following office location:
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of
Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one
no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid
A Retirement Plan with a 9% Employer Funded annual contribution
Tuition Benefits with family
Southern New Hampshire University is seeking an experienced IT leader to manage a multitude of IT services related to the
university’s physical plant facilities. The Director of Site Services and Operations liaises with personnel responsible for campus and
office facilities to proactively plan and deliver the associated IT requirements. S/he participates in capital project planning as well as
ongoing facilities expansion and improvement projects and engages appropriate IT counterparts to ensure that plans, budgets, infrastructure
assets and resources are managed to accomplish objectives with optimal efficiency. This role is responsible for IT services delivered to a
wide array of physical locations ranging from dorms, classrooms, labs and offices to cafeterias and parking lots for example. The Director
of Site Services and Operations will act in a player/coach capacity to manage and mentor other resources while providing hands on project
leadership. S/he will perform a multi-faceted range of duties including strategic business planning, financial management, resource
planning, project management and process improvement. The successful candidate must have excellent IT leadership and project management
skills along with a proven track record delivering technical services ranging from WiFi to building security. This role requires exemplary
communication and collaboration skills as well as the ability to navigate complex organizational dynamics in order to achieve IT
capabilities aligned with business needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the strategic and tactical
planning/delivery of IT services associated with SNHU physical facilities. Act as liaison between physical facilities owners and IT
counterparts to ensure synchronized plans, budgets, service level expectations, deliverables, etc.
- Participate in capital planning
to establish long term IT infrastructure/operations plans, budgets and resources that are mapped to facilities
- Establish positive and proactive relationships with all non-IT stakeholders including Capital Projects, Facilities,
Public Safety, The Mill, etc. and with IT-stakeholders such as Service Delivery, Media Services, AppOps, Information Security Management
Office (ISMO), Service Management Office (SMO), Infrastructure Operations and others.
- Drive governance of IT applications and
infrastructure relevant to physical space to ensure ongoing alignment of capabilities, roadmaps, operational implications, budget impact,
construction constraints, etc. This includes Surveillance Systems servers, cameras and data lifecycle; fiber infrastructure for physical
connectivity; CS Gold for building security/access, meal plan/point of sale/vending, badges/cards; PaperCut for printing; Housing Director
for room assignments; etc.
- Drive the development and use of roadmaps for relevant IT capabilities; manage and publish roadmaps to
ensure stakeholders are informed. Identify and report on emerging technologies and new feature development.
- Manage key financial
responsibilities for facilities-rated IT services including budgeting for all buildouts, vendor selection/management oversight, contracts
and other tasks associated with excellent fiscal responsibility.
- Establish policies, standards, processes and procedures in concert
with ITS and business stakeholders. Ensure effective joint planning, communication and project delivery processes are established and
utilized. Recommend process improvements to improve efficiencies and outcomes.
- Ensure clarity of business objectives and
expectations for the team. Set attainable goals, regularly monitor progress and results; take remedial actions as needed to successfully
- Lead by example demonstrating the highest professional standards to foster a collaborative and cohesive team. Remove
obstacles, anticipate and resolve problems, ensure accountability, listen to feedback, provide guidance, coaching, training, and other help
as needed to support and empower a high performing team which consistently delivers excellent service in an efficient and effective
- Apply SNHU HR guidelines, processes and best practices in all personnel-related responsibilities, including appropriate
handling of confidential information.
Typically requires bachelor’s or master’s degree
and at least 7-10+ years relevant experience. Relevant experience must include clear demonstration of physical facilities-related IT
services and infrastructure expertise plus depth and breadth of related IT leadership and project management skills. Experience should
reflect successful demonstration of excellent business skills, technical skills, people skills (collaborative leadership, influential) and
soft-skills (learning agility, excellent communicator, results-oriented.)
- 7-10+ years’
experience in IT Management and Technical Service Delivery Management.
- 5+ years’ experience managing complex IT programs/projects
involving facilities, physical infrastructure and large cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years’ experience managing building/office moves,
expansion and buildouts.
- Excellent knowledge of IT solutions for physical security, workspace, telecommunications and site
operations including new technologies and technology trends.
- Strong financial budgeting and forecasting experience.
understanding of IT operations including AppOps.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and
- Exceptional leadership and facilitation skills as this is a high visibility position with substantial operational
- Excellent project and people management skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical
- Strong vendor and contract management skills.
- Strong ability to lead
collaborative work in a dynamic, cross-cultural team environment with a variety of organizational structures.
- Demonstrated ability
to execute on multiple concurrent projects with sense of urgency.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of
rapid change, conflicting demands and crisis management.
- Ability to coach and mentor others.
- Strategic thinker and planner (big-picture business insight and foresight, vision, creative, adaptable,
appropriate risk management).
- Champions change and innovation across IT organization aligned to overall SNHU strategy by providing
strategic insights and recommendations.
- Timeliness and transparency in decision-making and prioritization.
- Strong attention
to detail and willingness to probe for deep understanding.
- Exerts significant discretionary effort and identifies personally with
team and cross-organization success.
- Exhibits SNHU core competencies consistent with “Growing Team” – Drive Engagement, Support
Differences, Collaborative Partner, Lead by Example, Systems Thinking, Agile Communicator, Coaching Mindset, Build High Performing Teams,
Manage & Measure Work.
Please note that a background check is required for employment.