Purdue University Fort Wayne is seeking a Director of Student Information Systems. This position provides leadership to Student Information Systems working with the student systems business analysts and functional team members. The successful candidate will be responsible for efficient operations of Student Systems which includes functionality in the support of Admissions, Registrar, Bursar, Financial Aid, and other core student service areas, planning for upgrades and systems improvements, working with process champions on priorities and needs, and ensuring business operations are provided accurately and on time. The position is also responsible for selecting and overseeing the work of appropriate consulting services and vendors and responsible for providing administrative supervision of staff and managing departmental budgets and resources. This position shares the accountability for the successful, on-time, in-budget completion of the Student Systems project activities and operational support for the student applications business cycles.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize, and execute the support for the Student and Financial Aid Banner system modules.
- Collaborate university wide with process owners, leadership committees, and others to facilitate planning for priorities and needs.
- Ensure that system enhancements and upgrades are delivered and installed to support business needs and operate accurately and efficiently.
- Allocate staff resources as needed to meet goals, and implement systems changes so that business operations perform as needed.
- Work with IT Services on the development of business requirements and analysis, systems operations, testing, and performance. Liaison with WL and IU on system modules.
- Communicate with management on system issues, needs, and plans.
- Prepare presentations for University leadership on plans for enhancements, annual business plans, and system upgrades/changes to ensure appropriate understanding of support required to manage priorities and initiate project plans.
- As new Ellucian and other third-party vendor features/modules and upgrades for the system are scheduled, generate project implementation plans, complete risk assessments, and assist in identifying communication efforts required to meet implementation goals.
- Manage functional integration of third-party bolt-on applications.
- Manage security based on State and Federal audit regulations.
- Develop statements of work and lead efforts to select appropriate consulting services from vendors when their expertise is needed. Oversee the work of consultants to ensure that advice and work performed is appropriate and ensures that system operations perform successfully. Ensure that knowledge transfer from consultants to Student Systems Business Analysts and IT Services staff occurs thus providing for on-going expert functional support of system.
- Serve as a principle point of functional contact with Ellucian. Participate and represent Purdue Fort Wayne in Ellucian and other appropriate user’s groups.
- Manage the Business Analyst team. Hire, train and develop business analysts. Ensure cross training and skill development of staff members so that the Student and Financial Aid systems run effectively. Manage departmental budget and resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.
- Participate in organizational planning and leadership initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business or information systems.
- Minimum of five years of experience configuring, implementing, and supporting enterprise level applications and application version upgrades.
- Experience in leading business analysts and functional staff to establish standards and processes for the implementation and support of ERP software.
- A background of progressive management, supervisory experience, and systems design in student system support, procedures, quality assurance, and business processes.
- Candidate must be able to operate on a strategic level and demonstrate appropriate awareness of the requirements and motivations of administration, customers and vendors.
- Ability to bring diverse audiences together to meet a common goal is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully organize and lead large complex projects.
- Proven ability to influence and lead a skilled business analyst and functional team.
- This position requires collaboration and team building skills. Ability to effectively work with faculty and staff at all levels of the organization is required.
- Excellent knowledge of institutional regulations and policies and ability to develop operational policies and procedures.
- Ability to originate change, affect results, and foster a continuous quality improvement environment.
- Ability to integrate business processes and computer applications and define business requirements and implement business process redesign.
- Ability to prioritize personal work tasks and accept project priorities.
- Leadership experience working with vendors and university collaboration.
- Five years of experience strongly preferred in Student Information Systems, like admissions, student registration, records, scheduling, degree audit, financial aid, account receivable, and other core student service office functions.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner Student and Financial Aid systems.
Find out why so many are taking advantage of a career at Purdue University Fort Wayne! Employees enjoy:
- Free tuition through Purdue University Global
- Fee remission for a traditional Purdue degree for yourself, spouse, and children
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance available on first day of employment
- Additional voluntary benefits
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Live and work in an affordable, family friendly community
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately
Purdue University Fort Wayne seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Purdue Fort Wayne is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Purdue Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Oct 29, 2021
PUFW is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/
Affirmative Action Employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.