Title: Director of Technology Services
Department: Technology Services
to: Vice President of Business Affairs
The Director of Technology Services is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining technology infrastructure and
information systems that support the academic and administrative strategic objectives of the College. As a leader, The Director of
Technology Services is responsible for the strategic planning of technology needs, resource strategies, priorities, and projects. As a
working manager, this position requires collaboration, effective written and verbal communication, an entrepreneurial vision, and an
innovative focus on the improvement of client experiences. This position will be the expert institutional resource for all technology
related policies and procedures and will implement processes and procedures that increase service to college operations.
- Develops, implements, maintains, and enforces effective policies and procedures for all
campus information systems
- Develops and implements a comprehensive technology strategic plan, including disaster recovery, business
continuity, and risk assessment plans
- Manages and performs network administration for all aspects of the College’s technology
infrastructure and network operations, including LANs, WANs, firewalls, web-based services, printing management, and telecommunications
- Oversees technology support services and establishes a customer service focused culture that promotes effective working
relationships with the campus community
- Coordinates and oversees maintenance of all computer hardware, servers, networking
equipment and software installations and upgrades
- Serves as project manager for all information technology-based initiatives
- Collaborates with the Center for Teaching and Learning and academic leadership to develop and implement a technology strategic plan for
academic and classroom technology
- Develops and oversees departmental budget; builds a strategic roadmap to create a technical
infrastructure capable of responding to and supporting new educational technologies to enhance learning and teaching
network access, security, and usage are in accordance with college policies and applicable state and federal laws
- Serves as the
primary administrative contact for all technology vendors; responsible for managing vendor relations
- Supervises and mentors the
Business Analyst and Technology Support Analyst
- Maintains proficiency in current technologies and best practices
other duties as assigned
- Thoroughness and accuracy
- Critical thinking and
- Teamwork orientation and collaboration
- Effective communication and organizational skills
conduct and confidentiality
This position has supervisory responsibilities
over two exempt employees.
Normal office environment where there is no physical discomfort
due to temperature, dust, noise and the like.
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is
occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Occasional evening and weekend
work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, IT
Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least five (5) years of related experience with a minimum of two (2) of
which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Applied experience with Microsoft products, advanced networking technologies, and
- Ability to handle multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with successful outcomes.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague or similar UNIX-based ERP
- Experience in an educational or a non-profit environment.
EEO statement: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.