The College of Engineering & Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the
learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic
University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this
environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic
University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the
diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries,
21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the
boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic’s faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative
solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation
and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Director, Technical
Services Group, Boca Raton, FL.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Assist faculty, staff and students
in setting up and running computer systems in research labs, offices, and general student areas.
- Relocate and set up computer
- Responsible for continuation of operations for the college, including backup and recovery.
- Maintain a high
level of security for the college’s computing operations.
- Assist in identifying computing resources needed for research for
inclusion in grant applications.
- Primary inventory manager for computer hardware and software.
- Develop new computing
resources for the college.
- Provide support to the Assistant Director, Graphic Design and Marketing with managing the college web
site and ensuring compliance of web sites managed by departments, centers, and individuals.
- Visit satellite campuses and locations
to review IT support.
- Train student assistants assigned to work with the Technical Services Group.
- Serve as the primary
liaison between the college and OIT (Office of Information Technology – Central IT team), and work with other college IT groups to
enhance the university’s computing infrastructure.
- Work with IT groups on satellite campuses to provide support for College of
Engineering and Computer Science personnel.
- Work with college and university partners to share computing resources.
- Provide management and support for the implementation of new and innovative computer related technologies.
- Supervise the
Technical Services Group staff and manage the computing resources of the College of Computer Engineering and Computer Science.
- Serve in work groups and committees that pertain to computing and information technology.
- Lifting and moving computer
Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ experience or
Master’s degree and six years of experience.
Candidate should also possess hands-on experience (not just managerial) with the
- Experience administering Windows and Linux systems
- Experience administering LANs and Wireless
- Experience using public cloud infrastructure (e.g., Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Operating Systems and Desktop
- Experience with Active Directory Domain, DNS and DHCP
- Experience applying best practices for
- Basic Project Management experience
- Experience managing other technical staff
experience collaborating with researchers on grants (e.g. Data Management Plans, Data Use Agreements, Engineering of IT resources)
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and
go to Apply Now (REQ11746).
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation,
please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to
achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.