Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission ~ the
power of education to transform lives and change the world. We are the global market leader in EdTech for Higher Education, serving more
than 2,700 customers and reaching over 20 million students in 50+ countries. We are dedicated to helping Higher Ed thrive by transforming
their institutions to agile, digitally connected campuses that enable student success.
About the opportunity
Technical Services Director will provide strategic direction and leadership for the university’s technology infrastructure. Plans,
implements and manages the technology infrastructure with particular focus on distributed systems, network, access control and
telecommunications for advancing the academic mission of the University. Ensures the University’s technology infrastructure is designed to
support new initiatives, assuring alignment with Information Technology Services (ITS) and University goals.
Where you will
make an impact
- Serves as Director and Technical Leader for a small team of server and network administrators delivering
enterprise infrastructure support and services.
- Performs other job-related duties as required. Reports directly to the Executive
- Provide technical leadership for operating systems, active directory, Office 365, access control, data security /
firewalls, storage, cloud technologies, patch management, telecommunications, printing, and integration of enterprise applications
- Responsible to ensure the stable operation of enterprise connectivity for the university. This includes but not limited to
planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, support, and optimizing all local and wide area network hardware and
connections, wired and wireless, server and storage, associated software, and communication links.
- Build, monitor and analyze server
and storage systems to achieve optimal performance
- Deploy hybrid cloud hosting and disaster recovery strategy with an eye towards a
move to Azure Cloud hosting (e.g. Azure Site Recovery, backup to Azure, Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD))
- Audit for and remediate
security best practices on network and systems
- Develop and implement policies for asset management, including maintenance of
component inventory, firmware/software updates, related documentation, and technical specifications.
- Interact and negotiate with
vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure value-added products and services.
- Maintain disaster recovery documentation of
procedures, access, contacts, and inventory for area of responsibility. Inventory and test backups for critical
- Research industry best practices, benchmarks and tools and identify opportunities to incorporate into university best
What you will bring
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree and equivalent years of
- 7 – 10 years of experience showing advancement, which includes at least 2 -3 years of management and/or leadership
within IT Service Management and general higher education industry experience.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory,
Virtualized Server farms (VMWare), Azure Cloud including Azure AD, IaaS, and security, Cisco Networking, Cisco Wi-Fi technologies, Cisco
VoIP, Telecommunications, and firewall technologies.
- Experience supporting Azure cloud deployments (e.g. Infrastructure as a Service
– IaaS, Azure File Sync, Windows Virtual Desktop),
- Strong understanding of industry trends and standards. Strong end user
orientation and Strong work ethic
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work with staff, faculty, and administration at all skill
and management levels.
- “Can do” attitude and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Is able to work
independently with minimal supervision in a technically diverse and rapidly changing while maintaining existing legacy systems
- Datacenter / Server Operations with VMWare, HP and Dell server hardware, Cisco networking highly
- Experience supporting Microsoft Active Directory, LINUX, Tomcat Web Services, Single Sign On (SSO), and Mobile solutions is
- Experience supporting Palo Alto and Cisco security solutions desired.
- Experience with Emerging technologies e.g.
Office 365 Collaboration Suite.
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental,
- Flexible time off
- 401k & Bright Plan – to help you save for the future
- Thrive Flex Program
that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 5 charitable days to support the community that
- Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups such as: Women in Technology, Pride and Go Green
to name a few.
- Parental leave
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the
- We Foster a learning culture with:
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development
Hiring Type: Full – Time
Level of Experience: Management/Sr.
Travel Required: 0%-25%