The Alphabet-owned company Google has launched an update for its web browser called Chrome. The update contains fixes for several security-related issues present in the browser. Additionally, users are advised to update their Google Chrome browsers immediately as it contains an emergency patch for a zero-hour vulnerability that might have been exploited by bad actors or attackers. Read more about the Google Chrome vulnerability and the Google Chrome update that fixes it below.
Google Chrome vulnerability names
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team, long for CERT has recently issued a warning regarding the fice critical Google Chrome vulnerabilities. In its warning, CERT asks Chrome users to immediately update to the new version of the browser. A report published on December 14, 2021, by CERT says “multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Google Chrome which could be exploited by a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the target system.”
How to download the latest Google Chrome update?
- Open the Google Chrome browser
- In a browsing window, head over to the three dots located on the top right corner of the interface
- Locate and click on the option that says “Settings”
- Therein, click on the ‘three-lined’ menu situated at the top left corner of the screen
- At the bottom of the menu, click on an option that says ‘About Chrome’
- As a user opens it, Chrome will automatically detect if a stable update is available for the user
Image: ANI/representative image
Original Source by [author_name]