Entry Level Remote Data Engineer
We are looking for a methodical, organized and solutions-driven Data Engineer to join the centralized Business Operations team. This role will support data analytics, operations and other company initiatives by ingesting data from business systems into a cloud data warehouse, working closely with analysts to model data for optimal accessibility and performance in reports, and move data from the data warehouse or cloud storage to business systems. The ideal candidate will be a natural collaborator and problem solver who possesses a high intellectual curiosity and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
This role will report to the Senior Data Engineer, within the Business Operations department.
- Creation and maintenance of enterprise cloud data pipelines
- Leveraging dbt to build and maintain data models for analysis
- Investigating complex issues and solve problems across systems, processes, and departments
- Collaborating with various departments to solve data challenges
- Communicate data concepts and definitions to a diverse group of stakeholders with varying degrees of technical expertise
- Design, deploy, test, and manage scalable cloud-based ETL/ELT and reverse ETL data pipelines
- Document new systems or workflows, and communicate new releases and changes to stakeholders
- Monitor data pipelines and model integrity regularly and follow-up in a timely manner when corrections are necessary to always ensure reporting accuracy and integrity
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 2-3+ years of experience with data orchestration tools like Airflow, Dagster or Prefect, or writing custom ETL/ELT data pipelines with Python
- Experience with cloud OLAP databases like BigQuery, Redshift or Snowflake, writing DDL/DML operations in SQL as well as performance tuning queries
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, able to deal with ambiguity and problem-solve independently, as well as have a strong curiosity and passion to seek opportunities for automation and improved reliability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant subject matter
- Highly motivated, self-starter, organized, independent with an ability to effectively manage through change and prioritize efforts
- Strong aptitude for technology and the interest and drive to continually expand your technical skill set
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously transparently as well as effectively collaborate across teams and to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work in an ever-changing environment, ability to connect the dots and make decisions on your own feet
- Exceptional communication skills including ability to take an independent stance when interfacing with cross functional stakeholders, while maintaining their respect and confidence
About the Company
Facet is a fully remote FinTech company with a mission to empower people to live more enriched lives by delivering a new standard of financial advice that elevates expectations across consumers and the industry.
We believe that unbiased, personalized financial advice that integrates into every facet of life is essential to living well. People’s financial lives are dynamic and ever-evolving, so we cover everything money touches–from starting a business to buying real estate to your investments and much more. Facet believes financial advice should be delivered with a fresh, human-plus-tech approach, that includes a CFP® professional–the highest certification possible.