Metropolitan State University, home to the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities’ (MN State) IT Center of Excellence, is
seeking applicants for the position of Executive Director. The IT Center of Excellence is one of eight Minnesota State Centers of Excellence, each of which has been
established to serve a major industry in the State of Minnesota that faces serious workforce challenges. The work of the eight centers,
including the IT Center of Excellence, focuses on three common strategic directions: engaging industry to inform and guide work to develop
the workforce of the future for the State of Minnesota; enhancing education by being a catalyst and conduit for the latest industry
knowledge to inform development of innovative, high quality education; and inspiring high school and college students to meaningfully expand
their knowledge of careers in the information technology field.
The Executive Director role is a full-time, administrator
position reporting to the university’s president. This position is responsible for providing strategic and operational direction and
leadership and connecting the work of System colleges and universities with the workforce needs of the IT industry. The Executive Director
will work to support the interests and investments of all industry and education partners and will ensure the ITCOE and all Minnesota State
campus partners, meet the identified needs of the IT workforce industry and goals of the ITCOE as set by the System Office and the ITCOE
The successful candidate will have a record of accomplishment, which demonstrates the following
- Communicates effectively by presenting ideas and proposals clearly and
concisely, while also listening carefully to understand differing points of view.
- Builds trust by demonstrating
respect, creating transparency, keeping commitments, and actively working to restore trust when necessary.
effectively by working authentically and openly with colleagues inside and external to the organization. Exhibits a spirit of true
partnership that benefits all parties engaged in the project
- Builds organizational capacity to meet future
challenges by identifying and removing barriers to innovation, collaborating across divisional, institutional and system
- Is a champion and advocate for equity, inclusion and anti-racism by interrogating policies, procedures
and ideas to interrupt systemic racism, demonstrating inclusivity in work processes and teams, encouraging and promoting the diversification
of staff to mirror the diversity of the students served, and in actively seeking out and inviting alternative viewpoints in planning,
discussions and decision making.
- Determine and implement overall strategy and
activities for the Center.
- Supervise staff and faculty working on Center projects including curriculum development and work-based
- Manage and develop Center financial resources.
- Create and execute a Center marketing plan.
- Coordinate with other MN State institutions to promote Information Technology as a career field.
- Create and maintain strong
partnerships with government, community based, industry and education (K-16) entities.
- Create and implement a Center evaluation
plan to monitor goal attainment, quality and effectiveness.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Business, Information Technology (IT) related discipline,
Educational Administration or other closely related field.
- Two (2) years of project management experience.
- Five (5) years
in developing collaborative relationships and partnerships that include a variety of entities such as employers, industry associations,
government agencies, legislators, and educators.
- Experience working on programs related to workforce or career development.
- Evidence of financial management experience including revenue development and expense management.
- An understanding of IT
workforce issues at the national, state, and local levels especially related to program development and excellence in meeting the needs of
business and industry.
- Communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate with a variety of persons and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a diverse environment.
- Doctoral degree in information technology related field.
- Experience working with or as a faculty member in a higher education
- Experience working in IT related industries.
- Grant writing and administration skills.
with organizational strategic planning.
- Experience with appropriate program assessment/evaluation processes.
Development of Customer Service and/or Interpersonal skills needed for this position to work with students/staff/faculty.
The University: Metropolitan State University, a member of the Minnesota State System, is a public, urban university
located in the Twin Cities Metropolitan area. The University provides an excellent, inclusive and engaging education to eliminate
educational opportunity gaps and lead the Twin Cities community to a prosperous and equitable future. Recognized as a Minority Serving
Institution, its employees serve approximately 10,200 students, two-thirds of whom are from communities of color or American Indian nations,
are first in their family to attend college or are eligible for Pell grants. Metropolitan State is recognized by CollegeNet as a leading
higher education promoter of social mobility for students (Ranked #39 out of 1449). Metropolitan State offers programs leading to
baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degrees. As a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, Metropolitan State University
is actively working to achieve the Equity 2030
goal of the system, with initiatives to advance equity and close disparities among student groups..
Visit our web site at http://www.metrostate.edu
The Minnesota State
System: Minnesota State is third largest system of state colleges and universities in the United States and the largest in the
state of Minnesota, with 30 colleges, 7 universities and 54 campuses. The system serves 340,000 students each year, with more Black,
Indigenous and students of color than all other higher education providers in Minnesota combined. The core commitments of Minnesota State
Colleges and Universities are to ensure access to an extraordinary education for all Minnesotans, be the partner of choice to meet
Minnesota’s workforce and community needs, and deliver to students, employers, communities and taxpayers the highest value/most
affordable higher education option. As a whole, Minnesota State contributes over $8.0 billion to the state’s economy. The Minnesota
State System is committed to Equity 2030, a bold strategic vision to close the educational equity gaps across race and ethnicity,
socioeconomic status and geographic location at every Minnesota State College and University.
Visit the website: www.minnstate.edu
Salary: This Administrator position is
assigned to a Range 7, as outlined in the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Personnel Plan for Administrators (see link
below), and is commensurate with education and experience.
* Employment for this position is covered by the Minnesota State Colleges
& Universities Personnel Plan for Administrators.
Application: To apply, go to https://metrostate.peopleadmin.com
*To comply with privacy and data practices requirements, please refrain from
including personal information or photographs in your application materials.
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on
Closing Date: December 3, 2021
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their
- Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position.
curriculum vita or resume.
- Names of four (4) references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
– Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date, your name and the academic institution’s name/logo are
required. We do not accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports. If selected for hire, official original
transcripts will be required.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources at
651.793.1275 or email at email@example.com.
For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-627-3529.
Notice: In accordance with the MnSCU Vehicle
Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to
MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.