Full Stack Developer (Django/React)
Full Stack Engineer (remote, US only)
The News Revenue hub is looking for an experienced full stack developer with a passion for mission-driven work to join our team. You’ll help build and maintain the front and back end of our products primarily written using Django, React, FastAPI, and Python. You should be able to translate our stakeholder needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability, appealing design and elegant code.
- Design mobile-based features, participate in design reviews
- Write functional requirement documents and guides, user-facing documentation
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Work on features and bug fixes
- Maintain our backend APIs
- Participate in sprint planning
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Experience with Django or other Python frameworks (like Flask)
- Experience with templating languages like Django’s, Jinja2, etc.
- Experience with Node
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Experience with frontend (Cypress, Jest) and backend (pytest) testing.
- Solid understanding of Git
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager helpful
- Build systems (Webpack, Gulp, Babel, etc)
- Mobile browser testing (e.g. BrowserStack)
- Experience with Docker, GCP, Kubernetes, Stripe or Postgres helpful, but not required
About the Company
The News Revenue Hub is a mission-driven 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping news outlets develop stronger business models. We provide a robust technology infrastructure specifically designed for journalism fundraising, along with customized strategies for audience and donor development.
This is a full time, salaried position with a comprehensive set of benefits including retirement matching, a generous vacation policy, and health care. The position is 100% remote but may require occasional travel.
The News Revenue Hub is committed to a diverse workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage candidates of all ages, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.