Full Stack Engineer
Haystax is seeking an experienced mid-level Full stack Software Engineer to join our remote product engineering team. You will play a key role in helping to design and build our web-based, multi-tenant cloud-based Safety & Security solution. The stack includes a MongoDB database, backend REST API layers in Python and a front-end using React and AngularJS. We also have an analytics engine layer wrapping our powerful Bayesian inference model and several mobile apps.
- Work as a key member of a collaborative, distributed, agile product development team
- Design, develop and maintain robust Python-based backend layers that supports both our web application and analytics engine
- Design, develop and maintain our front-end, especially as we migrate from AngularJS to React
- Actively participate and contribute during story refinement meetings and architecture/design discussions
- Develop and maintain unit tests across all layers of the system
- Participate in code reviews and merge requests
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, relevant field, or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5+ years of software development experience, ideally with a product focused company
- 2+ years of Python development experience
- Experience building applications using a JS framework such as React or AngularJS
- Comfortable working from the Unix command line
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, GitLab, BitBucket, etc
- Experience using MongoDB or similar document-based database
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Experience with Android or iOS mobile app development
About the Company
At Haystax, we don’t just help our customers respond to threats – we enable them to identify and act on their most urgent security priorities. We’re experts in advanced security analytics and risk management, and we’ve developed and patented innovative products that comb through thousands of digital information streams and databases for emerging internal and external threat signals, which are analyzed and automatically prioritized into rapid alerts and notifications.
The Haystax analytics platform is designed to enable organizations to quickly identify and mitigate diverse threats and hazards. We deploy an award-winning suite of products for domain awareness and information sharing, allowing public safety agencies to protect critical infrastructure assets, ensure the safety of major events and prepare for natural disasters.