Full Stack Software Engineer (Remote)
About the Role:
Team Oomnitza is looking for an experienced and driven Full Stack Engineer to work on the next generation of SaaS enterprise software. You have a passion for simple, elegant design and shipping quality product. You enjoy collaborating and communicating within a rapidly growing, ambitious team. You have a strong focus on the user with empathy for their challenges and are excited to help build an infrastructure that delivers a positive experience for customers of any size. You have a strong sense of accountability and thrive in a dynamic team environment. We are looking for analytical people who want to solve interesting and complex technological problems and are excited to grow with us as we scale.
What You’ll Do:
- As a senior contributor to the Oomnitza SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) you will;
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Understand requirements and stakeholder expectations
- Create design docs and technical specifications
- Plan and estimate level of effort (creating sub-tasks)
- Perform peer code reviews and team mentorship
- Work with the Customer Success team to identify bugs and implement fixes
- Daily ticket participation (close issues, status updates, add new bugs and ideas)
- Help improve existing technology and processes by;
- Working with Engineering & Product in an open and collaborative environment
- Identifying deficiencies in existing components
- Developing efficient, reliable, and scalable microservices
Our Benefits Package:
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Introducing employee equity plan
- Health Insurance for your spouse and dependents
- Pension, Life insurance and Income protection
- Remote working & flexible work schedules. Working from home equipment allowance
- Choice of preferred equipment, Mac or PC.
- Regular, fun social events and workshops.
What we offer:
- Market Competitive Salary
- A progressive, healthy work culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Top performers will have an opportunity to help shape the team. Working directly with the founders to drive initiatives and create a structure that scales.
- A once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity to get onboard a fast-growing business that is venture-backed by C5 Capital, Shasta Ventures, Riverside Acceleration Capital, and Hummer Winblad
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science or related disciplines.
- 5+ years industry experience with Full Stack Technologies
- Good understanding of data structures.
- Knowledge of functional & object-oriented programming (Inheritance, abstraction, encapsulation).
- Experience developing REST API back-end services.
- Coding ability with backend languages, particularly Python.
- Expertise programming in front end web framework, in particular React, Angular or Vue JS.
- Expertise with relational databases and query tuning/optimization.
- Experience in Unit & integration testing.
- Understanding of Agile software development processes
- Expert Linux user with a strong understanding of command line tools and basic shell scripting
Extra Kudos for:
- Experience with Pyramid web frameworks.
- Proven experience designing and building cloud native products. ORMs (e.g. SQLAlchemy)
About the Company
Oomnitza offers enterprise IT a unique solution to manage the entirety of the digital estate. Unlike our competitors, who deliver siloed solutions, Oomnitza offers granular control and orchestration across the lifecycle of all digital assets, including hardware, software, IoT, networks, cloud, as well as the people and workflows who rely on them. We enable some of the largest and most innovative companies in the world to address critical enterprise requirements for security, auditability, employee experience, and financial efficiency, accelerating time to value. Oomnitza is headquartered in San Francisco.