A special mission college within the Massachusetts state university system
Director of Enterprise Systems
Posting: May, 2021
Position: FY21-06 Director of Enterprise Systems
Deadline for application: 30 June 2021
Start Date: As soon as possible
General Statement of Duties: The Director of Enterprise Systems is responsible for the design, testing, implementation, maintenance and advancement of the Academy’s applications and websites. The Director is responsible for increasing productivity and facilitating organizational and business effectiveness through enabling technologies related to applications and websites.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the design, coding, testing, and debugging of the Academy’s applications and websites.
- Supports, maintains and upgrades the Academy’s applications and websites to ensure optimal performance.
- Develops application roadmaps to define the strategy and tactical plans for each application.
- Develops and implements custom programs and workflows to enhance the functionality of applications and provides tangible operational benefits.
- Leads successful software development projects of varying scope and size.
- Works closely with all campus departments and all levels of the Academy’s staff.
- Provides leadership and management to professional staff members.
- Develops and manages an annual operating and capital budget.
- Documents the existing enterprise systems, websites and environments.
- Creates and implements related policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and trends which can be applied to the application environment.
- Maintains industry knowledge of new technologies, trends and relevant innovations in an effort to continually improve the application environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Ten (10) years or more experience in programming, systems analysis or systems design.
- Six (6) years or more of supervision and management of technical staff.
- Strong technical background which includes the implementation and maintenance of critical business management systems.
- Working knowledge of the Drupal Content Management System (CMS).
- Working knowledge of the IT Service Management framework.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Master’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Three (3) years or more experience with Ellucian Colleague Student Information System.
- Holds a Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate.
- Previous experience working in a college or university setting.
Salary Range: $95,000 – $105,000
Supervision Received: Reports to the Vice President of Technology & Library Services
Supervision Exercised: Supervises subordinate professional, classified and student personnel in area of responsibility as assigned.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be attached and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalist must complete a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.
MMA is an AA/EEO employer. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.