Join our team as an Human Resources Generalist in Yellowstone National Park!
The HR Generalist has authority and responsibility to assist with various functions, including, but not limited to Employee Engagement, Field HR/ Housing, & Benefits.
- Position Type: Long Term Seasonal
- Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week
- Location: Gardiner HR Office
The Must Haves:
- Warm, friendly, and welcoming
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative experience
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Xanterra Travel Collection is a global travel and Hospitality Company, and the United States’ largest operator of park-based hotels, restaurants and stores. From the incredible depths of the Grand Canyon to the awe-inspiring heights of Mount Rushmore, and from extraordinary cruises to cycling and walking vacations that take you all over the world, Xanterra Parks & Resorts’ operations encompass some of the most spectacular and iconic places on Earth. We are renowned for “legendary hospitality with a softer footprint”, and we take pride in combining these dramatic settings, landmark buildings, and global travel experiences with truly exceptional service.
- Acts to ensure successful deployment of Recognition Programs including Guest Service Gold, service year recognition, manager gifts, and employee appreciation dinners
- Ensure thorough knowledge and administration of the Exploration Yellowstone Program, providing support to field HR teams and employees, and advocacy of the program. Following up with employee trips including marketing, reminders, attendance tracking, survey, and prizes
- Provide support for the benefits office including education on benefits options during check-in days, open enrollment periods, and as needed throughout the seasons; act as back up for Benefits Manager
- Assist with preparation and communication of insurance bills for end of seasons
- Prepare payroll upload spreadsheets (data entry) for insurance premiums
- Assist with responding to unemployment questionnaires and participate in unemployment hearings as needed
- Participate in site visits providing benefits education and fielding questions
- Assist with HR CEA and non-cap purchases related to park-wide facilities
- Support field personnel as needed
- Assist with the coordination of storing, returning, and/or donating items left behind in housing facilities by departing employees
- Organize and coordinate the assignment, tracking and communication with local RV site managers as related to employee RV sites throughout the park and Gardiner.
- Work with field to report housing
- Serve as purchasing contact for all field HR/Housing staff
- Assist Parkwide Manager of HR Field Operations with administration of year round housing program including lease creation, deposit collection and coordination of arriving and departing employees.
- Assists with general HR and front desk coverage including walk-ins, check-ins/check-outs, general inquiries and HR Office supply ordering as needed
- Serve as HR representative (or back up to HR Coordinator) on the YES (Yellowstone Environmental Stewardship) Council
- Works with Risk Management and HR for the administration of Xanterra’s drug and alcohol testing program.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven accuracy and consistent attention to detail
- Office organization skills and proven ability to multitask, work in a team setting, and/or autonomous setting
- Superior Customer Service Skills
- Strong interpersonal communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to quickly learn applicable computer systems (I.E. Cloudsuite, Kronos, Maximo, XEP, FoodTrak,)
- Comfortable working independently along with strong collaboration skills.
- Basic knowledge or ability to obtain knowledge of Company and Park rules and regulations, and Policy and Procedure compliance
- Ability to obtain/maintain a driver’s license for business-oriented travel
- Must be able to lift items up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to walk and/or stand a minimum of 30 minutes at a time
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain, including icy and snow covered areas
- Must be able to remain seated for periods of 30-120 minutes or longer
- Enforcement of Company Policies and Procedures
- Contact of Security staff, NPS, and/or upper management as needed in handling of department employee situations
- Disclosure of confidential information on a need-to-know basis only
- Proper disposal of year-round staff files after required retention period
- Sharing of file information with law enforcement and/or court representatives