Information Technology Director
Job ID: 315148
Location: District Support Services Cntr
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
$99,691 – $129,598 /annually, DOE
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm; some evenings and weekends may be required
Summer Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7am-6pm
Are you looking for a place to work where you can make a real difference in the lives of over 200,000 college students every year?
Would you like to be part of an organization that adds $7.2 billion dollars to the economy and supports nearly 100,000 jobs in the fastest growing county in the United States?
Whether you’re teaching, working, or learning Make It Happen At Maricopa County Community Colleges!
What’s Currently Happening at Maricopa
- Many of our campuses have received grant awards through the National Science Foundation to improve undergraduate STEM Education: Hispanic-Serving institutions program (HSI Program).
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and employee groups to create an environment of shared governance
- One of the largest community college systems in the country
- 2020 Healthy Arizona Worksites Program recipient
- Named 19th Best Employer for Women by Forbes
- 2019 No. 42 in Arizona’s Best Employers
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is committed to providing you with a competitive, comprehensive benefits program that provides the care you and your family need to lead healthy and productive lives. Our benefits are designed to provide support for every life stage and lifestyle in our community.
Benefits & Perks Options
- Paid observed federal holidays & additional paid time off throughout the year
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) & 12% Employee Contribution Match
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time (if applicable)
- Multiple health and dental insurance coverage plans
- Teladoc: Reach a doctor 24/7
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Maricopa Perks & Gears Discount Program
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- $4,000 Annual professional development growth funding (if applicable)
- Tuition reimbursement for employee and dependents (if applicable)
- Revised summer work schedule
- Maricopa Employee Health & Wellness Program
- Employee recognition opportunities
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
The Information Technology Director role plans, directs and implements strategic academic technology service areas across the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD). This role serves as an official representative for Academic Technology at the District. Reporting to an ITS Associate Chief Information Officer (ACIO), and the head of Academic Technology for District ITS, the IT Director is responsible for developing, monitoring, and implementing strategic goals and operations for the team.
35% – Oversees business units and the creation of strategic technologies and integrated systems for data automation, web design and development, application development, and application service/support teams.
20% – Supervises, directs and oversees technology management staff including goal setting, daily operational management, performance evaluations, training, and hiring.
20% – Directs service delivery and assures quality of services.
10% – Directs the planning and collaboration of the development, refinement and/or implementation of integrated systems.
10% – Develops and oversees the implementation of goals and objectives, and represents Academic Technology as a member of District ITS Senior Leadership.
5% – Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in information technology and six (6) years of professional experience in area related to assignment, which includes two years of supervisory experience.
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in information technology and eight (8) years of professional experience in area related to assignment, which includes two years of supervisory experience.
High School Diploma or GED and ten (10) years of professional experience in area related to assignment, which includes two years of supervisory experience.
A. Possesses a Master of Business Administration (MBA)
B. Experience in higher education, preferably in IT or Academic Technology related capacities
C. Experience managing SharePoint at an Enterprise Scale
D. Experience with project management fundamentals
E. Experience managing software development/engineering teams
F. Experience with Office 365, Azure AD, and/or SharePoint Online
Special Working Conditions
MCCCD does not sponsor individuals for any type of work visas.
Possession of a valid State of Arizona Class D driver’s license is required; must meet minimum standards regarding driving: http://business.maricopa.edu/risk-management/motor-vehicle-usage/motor-vehicle-driving-requirements
May be required to sit for a prolonged period of time; viewing a computer monitor
How to Apply
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter that details how the applicant meets the minimum and desired qualifications. A cover letter may further highlight an applicant’s knowledge, skill and abilities. All minimum requirements must be met at the time of the application.
Additional materials will not be accepted after the job posting has closed.
Missing materials or incomplete employment history will not be considered.
Please ensure your materials clearly provide the following information.
- Clearly illustrate how prior experience, knowledge and education meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Indicate whether former or current employment is Full-Time or;
- Part-Time employment (must include number of hours worked)
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including job title, job duties, for each position held and name of employer for each position.
- Three professional references, preferably current and/or former supervisors. If references are not provided in resume upon application, they will be requested at time of interview.
Posting Close Date
Open until filled
First Review Date is July 5, 2021
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
The policy of the MCCCD is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link Title IX Coordinators.
The Clery Act is a Federal law requiring United States Colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. Crime reporting data for each of the Maricopa Community Colleges, as required under the Clery Act, is available at this link Clery Act
To apply, visit https://jobs.maricopa.edu/psp/MCPAHPRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1000&JobOpeningId=315148&PostingSeq=1
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution.