The Information Technology (IT) Program Manager oversees all day-to-day IT support activities,
procedures, practices, and help desk management for the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) College of Business (COB). The
position performs all IT management to include implementation of new policies, IT hardware and software upgrades, purchasing, and oversees
all IT hardware repairs. The position also provides support and technical training to the faculty, staff, and students of the College. The
IT Program Manager is responsible for managing a team of student employees and overseeing the IT infrastructure, including the operational
guidance, instruction, and technical expertise of the help desk team. Further, the IT Program Manager is responsible for maintaining and
managing a relationship with the main Campus IT department including working closely on the integration of new technology and Smart
Classroom support. The position must remain current in new technologies and web-based technologies. Other duties as assigned.
Who We Are
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one
of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 9,500 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students. The AACSB
International accredited College of Business enrolls approximately 2,000 students annually. The College of Business offers comprehensive
undergraduate degrees, select master’s degrees, and professional programs that emphasize principle-based ethical decision making.
Colorado Springs (pop. 450K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many
recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by
U.S. News & World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.
- Works with the COB
Marketing and Communications Program Manager and UCCS web services to optimize website performance and usability. Performs assessments of
websites in such metrics as bounce rate, average session duration and volume of user traffic using Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools,
and other website assessment systems and technologies.
- Performs website maintenance including web content updates, search engine
optimization, and correcting crawl errors and broken links.
- Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting by designing,
coding, implementing, testing, debugging, modifying, and enhancing system functionalities.
- Manages computer labs and classrooms
to include routine maintenance and cleaning, annual imaging (Windows Deployment Services), and equipment upgrades as needed.
Assigns and maintains phone extensions, and updates directory information
- Provides active windows server administration to
include creating network shares, backups, server permissions, and security.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level,
including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Works independently on assigned technology projects by conceiving, designing, determining, and prioritizing objectives and project
- Purchases all technology equipment, software, and hardware for the College.
- Purchases and manages
site and single user licenses.
- Hires, supervises, and trains the team of student employees for lab mentors and help desk team
- Manages the help desk team of student employees.
- Builds and maintains rapport with all end-users, vendors,
and outside entities.
- Works with campus IT to discover new and innovative technological approaches, ideas, and tools to enhance
the computing experience.
- Complies with campus IT security and technical compliance procedures.
- Creates, updates,
and follows documented routine processes and procedures.
- High level of ethics and
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include excellent written
and verbal communications.
- Ability to work with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to
diversity and equality in education.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to generate and
maintain productive, professional working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to support multiple
projects simultaneously while effectively managing time and prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
and foster a positive team environment.
- Ability to take direction well and be a motivated self-starter.
- Ability to
support audio/visual equipment.
- Ability to create and manage IT policies and procedures.
- Ability to compile data and
- Knowledge of IT hardware and software support.
- Knowledge of virus or malware removal applications.
- Ability to support Macintosh computers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 for Windows and Macintosh operating
- Knowledge of active directory and group policy management.
- Experience using remote computer access or
- Ability to support the latest version of Microsoft Windows.
- Knowledge of Windows Server
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and/or Google Webmaster Tools to assess and enhance website performance and
- Ability to maintain and update web sites.
- Knowledge of imaging computers.
- Knowledge of
This position has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor
Standards Act (FLSA).
What We Offer
Salary Range: Generally starting at $51,095 – $68,126 per year.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to,
internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including
medical, dental, retirement, paid vacation and time off, and a tuition benefit. Information on university benefits programs, including
eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services . Total compensation goes
beyond the value on the paycheck. Please consider reviewing the Total Compensation page at Total Compensation Calculators |
University of Colorado .
Tentative Search Timeline:
- Complete applications received by 5:00 PM
Mountain Time on October 8, 2021 (Friday) will receive full consideration.
- The potential dates for interviews with the
search committee will be mid to late October 2021.
- The potential dates for interviews with the supervisor and
appointing authority will be late October to early November 2021.
- The potential employee start date is mid
to late November 2021.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living, and
working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered
for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and a sex-offender check, and when appropriate, a
financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with
applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of
Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or
activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for
individuals with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions and meet the physical and environment demands described
satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, physical and environmental conditions required
of the employee on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions, physical and environmental demands.
Applicants with disabilities: If you have a mental or physical impairment, which
limits one of your major life activities (e.g. walking, hearing, seeing, speaking, breathing, or learning) and require special
accommodations for testing or interviewing, it is your responsibility to notify the office scheduling the interview or test at least 3
working days before the interview or test date. If you need special accommodations at the work site, you must notify the appointing
authority or Human Resources.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be
documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least three (3) years of
full-time equivalent experience in a professional technical capacity (ex. IT Professional, Helpdesk Manager).
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an IT-related field.
- Experience in
IT support/help desk in higher education.
- Experience managing an IT-related team.
- Experience in Drupal and Ingeniux
or similar CMS.
- Experience in speccing and purchasing technology.
- CompTIA A+ Certification.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit.
- Employee is
occasionally required to move, stoop, and bend.
- Employee is required to kneel, crouch, crawl, reach and handle.
Tasks may involve using a computer screen continuously for long periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard and use a mouse
continuously for long periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Instructions to Applicants : – Complete applications received by 5:00 PM MST on October 8, 2021 (Friday) will receive full consideration. –
Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers (job #: 22738). – Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at
least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. – Official transcripts will be required upon hire. If
you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact. The University
of Colorado Colorado Springs will not sponsor work visas or permanent resident applications for this position. Application Materials
Required : Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Additional Attachments – Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below Application Materials
Instructions : To apply, please submit the following application materials to this posting. (1.) A current resume. Must include date ranges
and whether the position was full time or part time. (2.) A cover letter that specifically describes (in detail) your professional work
experience and how it relates to this position. **Unofficial transcripts are optional.** When submitting the materials, check the Job
Specific Attachments box next to each document in order for the search committee members to see your materials.
Category: Information Technology
Department: C0001 — Colorado Springs Campus – 40025 -
Posting Date: Sep 20, 2021
Closing Date: Ongoing
Contact Name: Robin Bredl, Search Committee Chair
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Number: 00450118