The mission of Information and Educational Technology (IET) is to create and support an information technology environment that enhances the ability of the UC Davis community to teach, do research and provide public service. In support of the University’s mission, IET will deliver an infrastructure of technological services appropriate to the requirements of the campus community.
IET Operations is the administrative arm of IET and includes HR, Budget & Finance, Client Success, Facilities and the Project Management Office. The Client Success department focuses on IET’s customers with the aim to understand campus needs, deliver the services required, and communicate the value of campus technology. We strive for quality in the way IT services are delivered with the right balance of value and economy. And we empower our customer to help themselves through self-service offerings and leading-edge tools.
IT express serves as the campus’ technology central service desk in support of the enterprise systems and services. Core support services are: Information Security, Identity and Access Management, Workspace Management, and Applications. Main channels of interaction are through phone, email, chat, and at times face-to-face.
To see IET job postings and complete job descriptions, please visit https://iet.ucdavis.edu/jobs
THIS POSITION IS NOT A VISA OPPORTUNITY
Under the direct supervision of the IT Express Supervisor, this analyst is an experienced professional who has acquired the skills, policies, and procedures to complete moderate to complex work items in a fast pace service desk environment. Providing best in class customer service, this individual works on assignments that require judgement, analysis and decision making skills. Handles tasks of moderate scope and complexity within the defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. Utilizes the team to determine how to apply IT professional concepts, unit and department specific procedures and demonstrates an intrinsic motivation to resolve customer issues researching a solution if one is not currently documented. Ensures proper documentation occurs within each incident record and adheres to the service or system outage or degradation process. Collaborates with peer and/ or the corresponding Senior Support Agent as necessary to coordinate the resolutions of incidents and request items.
$27.32/hr. – $44.27/hr.
No. of Positions
Percentage of Time
Full Time 100%
Monday – Friday, Hours TBD
Apply by Date
Work at a computer and view display screens for long periods of time.
- Due to the mission-critical services provided by this department, this position may work hours other than M-F 8-5, especially in response to system problems.
- Work in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Occasional travel required.
- Vacation is restricted during peak work periods.
- Adhere to workplace safety practices, read information communicated about workplace safety, complete required safety training on time, and report any workplace safety issues promptly to their supervisor or the designated safety coordinator.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- Experience independently researching, planning, testing, documenting, and resolving technical incidents and requests.
- Experience providing verbal and written communications to varied audiences.
- Experience to provide technical support for web-based and client server application services, e.g. Google apps and other similar services.
- Experience to provide technical support for supported email clients, web browsers, and software programs, packages.
- Experience to support Windows and Mac OS supported operating systems.
- Knowledge of multi-factor authentication.
- Experience assimilating complex technical concepts, terms, and material, and explaining this material to non-technical clients.
- Experience in evaluating and using independent decision making skills to ensure adherence to policies and standards.
- Experience in evaluating email logs.
- Experience supporting Duo – multi-factor authentication.
- Experience to provide technical support for middleware services, e.g., distributed web authentication, LDAP, computing account management, course management, and other similar technologies.
- Experience using IT Service management ticketing systems, such as ServiceNow.
- Experience in handling confidential information (such as Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.