Open Until Filled
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania invites applications for an IT Information Security
Officer. The IT Information Security Officer will be responsible for overseeing information security, cybersecurity and IT risk management
programs based on industry-accepted information security and risk management frameworks. This individual will be an integral part of the
Information Technology organization reporting directly to the CITO to help improve and communicate the maturity levels of information
security, state of cybersecurity and IT risk practices across the University.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or Computer Science and a minimum
of 8 years work experience in the same type of work and 5 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in risk, compliance, and
information security policy development. Knowledge and understanding of higher education, governmental agency or corporate/industry
information security, governance, risk and compliance practices and standards.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations including but not
limited to: Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley
(GLB) Act and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Experience with development of educational programs in the area of security awareness.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to
effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Experience managing budget and
managing a team of information technology professionals.
- Proven problem solver with ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex
problems, manage risk and provide timely and accurate decisions.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
performance in an interview.
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania is a member of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer building a diverse academic community and encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.